1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
17,509 Posts

· Registered
17,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So far..

Light Flyweights:

Cuba's Yosbany Veitia Soto was the first boxer to qualify today after a one-sided victory over Australia's Billy Ward. Soto's movement, superior handspeed and evasiveness made for a long nine minutes for the Aussie boxer who was six points adrift after the first session. Soto continued to dominate throughout and took a 13-2 scoreline into the final where he forced an eight count on Ward and came through victorious with a final tally of 26-4.

Soto will meet defending champion Lou Shiming in round two in what will be a very good bout putting youth against experience.

Philippines's southpaw Mark Barriga was impressive in defeating Italy's Manuel Cappai 17-7. The speedy Filipino boxed on the back-foot allowing Cappai to come to him before scoring points in bursts with some accurate rallies. The referee was called into play in the first when Barriga landed a lovely right-left hook combination jolting the Italian's head back.

Barriga showed classy foot-work and excellent movement throughout the bout and looked in control all the way displaying a punching style not dissimilar to fellow countryman Manny Pacquaio. A very convincing performance at these early stages.

· Registered
22,444 Posts
cont...

Barriga faces Kazakh Birzhan Zakypov in round two after he was able to overturn a one point deficit going into the last round against Frenchman Jeremy Beccu. After two very close rounds Zakypov was able to win the last by two points which saw him through to the next stage with a 18-17 score.

Cameroons Thomas Essomba also qualifies after a close bout with Moroccan Abdelali Daraa with scores of 13-10. Essomba meets Ireland's Paddy Barnes in round two after the Irishman drew a bye.

Devandro Singh Laishram made quick work out of over-matched opponent Bayron Molina Figueroa stopping him in the first round after Molina was dropped to the canvas after a quick left hook and subsequently took two more standing eight counts.

Laishram will meet Mongolian Serdamba Purevdorj in the next phase of the contest.

· Registered
22,444 Posts
yeah he dominated. The American had pretty much gave up by the third. The light-welters have been a bit slower paced, probably cause their on after the light flyweights who have been quality in this tournament, all of them are really going for it -I've been impressed.

· Registered
17,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol: Anyone watching this fight at the moment? Both using dirty tactics and it's getting quite funny.

This Suarez guy knows he's losing now and is using elbows, his head and running all over the place :lol:

:rofl he just stood still and put his hands behind his back.

· Registered
1,408 Posts
Won 25 quid risk free on Colin in that last bout.

Guys, keep an eye on odds between two different bookmakers on the Olympics. I'm using Boyle + Bet365, just as a reference point

Just before that last bout Colin went from 4/6 to 9/10 inexplicably, on Boylesports. I covered that against Abdoulak at 11/8 on Bet365 and netted a profit (I leveraged this so all my profit was on Colin because I thought he'd win but its sensible to cover equally)

You can do this in-play too, had so many opportunities tonight just haven't had the balls to pull the trigger. Get money in both accounts ready.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.