Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
6,907 Posts
Abdusalamov was just wild. if Byram had any boxing nouse he'd keep moving like he did early on in the fight. Sitting on the ropes and not moving your head vs a puncher is crazy.

Maybe that's his lack of experience kicking in?

· God's Country
6,297 Posts
It's Byarm, not Byram. I'm just saying. Anyway, I would like to see Abdusalamov against a guy like Ahunanya. Stop that guy without running out of gas and we've got a balls-out pressure fighting prospect to think about.

· Registered
20,274 Posts
I'd chuck him in with an Arreola, Adamek or even Povetkin. He's in his prime, he swings hard, he ain't getting' much better is he? Chuck him in, he's got heavy hands and he's persistent.
@Boxed Ears Friday is not a bad shout, nor is Dominick Guinn IMO.

· God's Country
6,297 Posts
I'd chuck him in with an Arreola, Adamek or even Povetkin. He's in his prime, he swings hard, he ain't getting' much better is he? Chuck him in, he's got heavy hands and he's persistent.
@Boxed Ears Friday is not a bad shout, nor is Dominick Guinn IMO.
That sounds good to me too, Guinn. Just someone who's been around and durable enough to extend him, see if he can keep it up, hard, without getting fl-this is starting to sound like a homoerotic Lampley sentence...whatever.

· Registered
2,648 Posts
How far do you lads say he'll go?

· Registered
1,408 Posts
Not that far, heavy handed but he's not starching the guy here, is he? His footspeed is very slow, he's walking people down that can't punch and clubbing them to death. That's fun, but he's got to do that against someone like Arreola who is going to hit him back hard to suggest he's going to make waves lacking such poise.

· Registered
2,648 Posts
I think Arreola beats him, but we'll have to wait and see.

· Registered
9,871 Posts
I cant see Abdusalamov ever being a serious contender myself either. Hes too wild and one dimensional to be anything other than an exciting fighter at fringe level. The likes of Chambers, Adamek, Price, Potvetkin and Haye would have too much for him, and Magomed would only be cannon fodder for the Klitschkos.

He could make for some very good fights though, match him with Mitchell, Arreola, Fury or Chisora and you'd get fireworks:yep

· Registered
6,403 Posts
Only just got round to watching this. That was a serious left hand Byarm survived right at the end of the first.

· Registered
20,274 Posts
Not that far, heavy handed but he's not starching the guy here, is he? His footspeed is very slow, he's walking people down that can't punch and clubbing them to death. That's fun, but he's got to do that against someone like Arreola who is going to hit him back hard to suggest he's going to make waves lacking such poise.
I love you man.

· Registered
20,274 Posts
I cant see Abdusalamov ever being a serious contender myself either. Hes too wild and one dimensional to be anything other than an exciting fighter at fringe level. The likes of Chambers, Adamek, Price, Potvetkin and Haye would have too much for him, and Magomed would only be cannon fodder for the Klitschkos.

He could make for some very good fights though, match him with Mitchell, Arreola, Fury or Chisora and you'd get fireworks:yep
Come off it mate, don't put him up there yet!

· Registered
9,871 Posts
Come off it mate, don't put him up there yet!
Well I know Price doesnt deserve to be mentioned in that list of world class fighters yet based on his level of opposition, but hes a fighter who I think will be world class in the next couple of years, based on his ability alone. Anyways whether Big Dave is world class or not, I think he would have an easy time with Abdusalamov. Price has shown us quick hands, power, a very good selection of shots and the ability to fight tall thus far, while Mago is just a heavy handed, agressive, smallish, highly unrefined heavyweight. Price boxes his ears off imo.

Incidentally, I only found out that they had faced each other as amateurs recently, and the outcome was much the same as I expect it to be in the pros. Price easily outboxing his outmatched opponent, who hardly laid a glove on him:yep

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.