Boxing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,670 Posts
Well, it's not like 2023 is far off in the future. If he fights in the spring, that is kind of a normal timeline for fighters today with them only getting in a fight or two a year once they have reached championship level.

It's not like the old days where fighters fought often and pretty much stayed in fighting shape without having to go to "camp" for 3 months before a fight.

And yeah, he'll be matched with some tomato can to get an easy win, but will that do anything to build confidence by beating an inferior opponent he probably shouldn't be fighting in the first place???

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably someone that is not even arguably a top 10 heavyweight, his team are going give him an easy win to get his “confidence”
back, kind of like what just happened with Wilder fighting Helenius.
Wouldn't be surprised if AJ fights a lesser opponent than Helenius. That he isn't going to fight again this year further supports the theory that Hearn sabotaged the Fury fight.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Hearn has stated AJ is looking to fight Dillian Whyte next, he wants an established name and not an unknown tuneup.

Translated it means DAZN who have recently signed AJ reportedly for 8 figures per fight. Want to recoupe their money and are unwilling to broadcast tuneups.

Reactions: Big Yank Bal

·
Super Moderator
13,476 Posts
Some scrub I'm sure. Andy Ruiz 3

The heavies are a disgrace.

I wouldn't mind seeing Andy Ruiz 3. If Ruiz could come in looking like he did against Arreola, I think AJ would be in serious trouble.

But yeah, the heavies are indeed a disgrace. So many super-talented younger guys who aren't fighting each other & who aren't getting a chance at the top guys. Meanwhile, the Derek Chisora's of the world keep raking in huge paydays, basically doing a "Martin Stensky" but at a higher level.

·
Registered
12,670 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing Andy Ruiz 3. If Ruiz could come in looking like he did against Arreola, I think AJ would be in serious trouble.

But yeah, the heavies are indeed a disgrace. So many super-talented younger guys who aren't fighting each other & who aren't getting a chance at the top guys. Meanwhile, the Derek Chisora's of the world keep raking in huge paydays, basically doing a "Martin Stensky" but at a higher level.

Ruiz made a huge mistake bulking up even more in his second fight with AJ. I don't know if it was complacency on his part or just piss poor advice from his training camp to bulk up, but it was the wrong thing to do.

AJ's camp knew he couldn't-----or shouldn't slug with Ruiz so they trained for a boxing match where AJ used his size and speed to get the easy UD in the rematch.

Ruiz would have to come into a fight with AJ in the best shape of his life and be prepared to chase his ass all night long hoping to get close enough to unleash his power and try to hurt him like he did in their first fight.

The fight I want to see is Ruiz and Wilder. I really think Ruiz can end Wilder's run by beating him and taking away whatever feeling of invincibility he has left. Wilder now knows he can't beat Fury, but I'm sure he feels all others will fall against him and I think Ruiz is just the guy to knock that thought out of his head.

·
'G' nius
27,303 Posts

Sorry I should've said I prefer Ruiz, but I'm sure it'll be some domestic level fighter.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Will be surprised if he fights anyone other then Dillian Whyte. From his recent AJ's heart is not in the boxing, seems more focused on building his brand.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will be surprised if he fights anyone other then Dillian Whyte. From his recent AJ's heart is not in the boxing, seems more focused on building his brand.
Whyte would appear almost a certainty.

With Hearn still involved, it is hard to see him fighting Fury any time soon, if at all and Hearn is such an accomplished liar he will convince many it is Fury ducking AJ.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts