Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So what you guys make of her methods.?

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Some of this training would be perfect for Andy Ruiz jr...might put some fire in his belly.

·
Registered
12,619 Posts

Some of this training would be perfect for Andy Ruiz jr...might put some fire in his belly.
I fail to see the value of slamming the boxers on the back with a medicine ball. When I was boxing amateur the coach would have us lie on the ring mat on our backs with our arms by our sides and he'd start off by dropping the medicine ball on our stomachs and gradually pick up intensity to where he was doing what Wolfe was doing by throwing it pretty hard into our guts. After it hit our gut we'd have to catch it and toss it back up to him and he'd do this for about 1 minute, or about 20 hits before moving on to another drill.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Never seen a "slave chain" used in training before.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I fail to see the value of slamming the boxers on the back with a medicine ball. When I was boxing amateur the coach would have us lie on the ring mat on our backs with our arms by our sides and he'd start off by dropping the medicine ball on our stomachs and gradually pick up intensity to where he was doing what Wolfe was doing by throwing it pretty hard into our guts. After it hit our gut we'd have to catch it and toss it back up to him and he'd do this for about 1 minute, or about 20 hits before moving on to another drill.
The value is in shouting abuse while shes doing it.

Make the training hell so the fighters can mentally handle any kind of hell in the ring....atleast thats her logic.

Have not been able to find other hardcore training videos of hers on youtube. Maybe they been deleted.

Wolfe Using a whip and whipping James Kirkland whilst he is doing press ups. He actually had some permanent scars on his back from that.

Making him spar with 2 to 3 sparring partners at a time.

Making him do hardcore kill or be killed sparring going all out toe to toe with Heavyweights.

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
Making him spar with 2 to 3 sparring partners at a time.

Making him do hardcore kill or be killed sparring going all out toe to toe with Heavyweights.
Great way to develop pugilistic dementia is how I see it. I've got nothing against sparring multiple boxers, but do it one at a time to keep them fresh against the guy being trained for an upcoming fight.

Being around 150 and sparring against heavyweights is kind of stupid unless they are not real great fighters to begin with or are holding back some with their power. I know sparring is usually done with 16 oz. gloves and with headgear, but a good heavyweight can still scramble your brains pretty good even with all that protection.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Great way to develop pugilistic dementia is how I see it. I've got nothing against sparring multiple boxers, but do it one at a time to keep them fresh against the guy being trained for an upcoming fight.

Being around 150 and sparring against heavyweights is kind of stupid unless they are not real great fighters to begin with or are holding back some with their power. I know sparring is usually done with 16 oz. gloves and with headgear, but a good heavyweight can still scramble your brains pretty good even with all that protection.
Given how he looked in his last fight seems like the Anne Wolfe training has caught up with him.

Her methods seem to be the boxings version of Special forces training.

If the training dont kill you then you will come out stronger and with a killer mentality.

Her training would certainly have some value for lazy fighters and timid fighters.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Problem there is lazy and timid fighters would not want to train with her with her gladiatorial style training camps. There's a reason they are lazy and timid-----they don't have the drive to get better.

Okay lets face it some of this training is just insane.

Anne Wolfe had a hard life...she is determined to help others experience what a hard life is and how to overcome it..lol.

She grew up in a country shack without running water and electricity...makes Adrian Broners story of only having cereal with water to eat, sound like luxury.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Enough of the yes men coaches AJ needs to give this Insane woman a call.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I met her at San Antonio Golden Gloves. She came up to me, squeezed my bicep and said "eh, you could make 119." This lady has more testosterone than most men

She'll openly tell you if you want to train with her, "I'm going to beat you like a slave" and she 100% does
If I was 18 I would go and train with her just for the challenge. Training camp with her would be like the boxing equivalent of 30 marathons in thirty days.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
If I was 18 I would go and train with her just for the challenge. Training camp with her would be like the boxing equivalent of 30 marathons in thirty days.
I lived an hour away from her at the time and didn't travel the means. As well as my trainer was the 1996 Olympic coach, which turned out to mean jack shit.

Wolfe will get you into freakish shape, but I wouldn't train under her as a fighter.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I lived an hour away from her at the time and didn't travel the means. As well as my trainer was the 1996 Olympic coach, which turned out to mean jack shit.

Wolfe will get you into freakish shape, but I wouldn't train under her as a fighter.
Yep..Any long term training with AnneWolfe should come with a serious health warning a fighter would end up completely shot by 30 and with serious brain trauma and long term injuries. One of camp might have some value.

1996 Olympic coach, would that be Al Mitchell.?

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Yep..Any long term training with AnneWolfe should come with a serious health warning a fighter would end up completely shot by 30 and with serious brain trauma and long term injuries. One of camp might have some value.

1996 Olympic coach, would that be Al Mitchell.?
Jesse Ravelo, I think he was technically the assistant coach. You can see him in some Floyd's Olymlic matches

1 - 17 of 17 Posts