Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
delivering the truth
1,408 Posts
I don't know. Is it weird to train with Andy Ruiz by your side? Especially that they might fight for the third time. I don't know.
Plus, I don't think that Reynoso's style is a great match for AJ neither.
Not surprisingly, this is what Reynoso said about AJ : "He has many physical qualities and I think he does not take advantage of them."

·
delivering the truth
1,408 Posts
I'll be shocked if it happens, tbh I'm not convinced it would make a difference.
"If some kind of plan comes up that is a great financial package and more importantly gives him more time to gel with a new trainer and then go into a massive fight for huge money later in the year and I think that's right for his career...." - Eddie Hearn.

Hearn virtually confirming AJ will soon have a new trainer and at the same time making it quite clear they are open to standing aside for Fury-Usyk.

·
delivering the truth
1,408 Posts
Interesting.

In some ways, it makes a lot of sense for AJ to do this.

# Money for nothing. (and chicks for free.)
# More time to learn new skills, if he can.
# the possibility that Fury will beat Usyk and then retire.
# And the likelihood of a bigger payday when he does face Usyk, since fans will be excited that AJ might have become a better fighter.

But what if Usyk wants to fight AJ first? That is surely the case. Would he have no CHOICE but to fight Fury, if the boxing gods set that fight up?

------------------------------

Meanwhile, let's see Dillian Whyte have to face Wilder, for a shot at the Fury-Usyk winner. That would be some nice karma.
Alen Babic could be the referee. 😎
Usyk has been quoted as saying he is quite happy to fight Fury next and why wouldn't he? It gives him a chance at winning all the belts.

·
delivering the truth
1,408 Posts
AJ now seen training with Anthony Wilson. The more opinions he gets the more confused he is going to get. If he doesn't appoint someone soon and get start with a solid game plan to beat Usyk he will lose badly again, perhaps even worse than the first time.

·
delivering the truth
1,408 Posts
AJ will be slapping his own face if he employs chill.

Considering the money he has earned he could hire the best professional coaches in the business.
Instead he hires some unkown American Amateur coach from a gym in Dubai.
Most unlikely to happen. But if AJ doesn't make an appointment soon I will be wondering what the hell his priorities are.

·
delivering the truth
1,408 Posts
Similar to when Fury hired Ben Davison?
I don't know if Fury would have returned to the ring if it wasn't for Davison. At the time he was the best thing that could have happened to him. Fury was also wise enough to know when he had moved past what Davison had to offer. AJ could learn from that and perhaps he has and that is why he is going from trainer to trainer looking for someone who can provide him with a silver bullet to stop Usyk with?

·
delivering the truth
1,408 Posts
AJ plainly not planning on doing what is necessary

“I’ve been based in Sheffield and had a good chat with my coach and I want to try some new things, I want to try a new environment. Maybe I can do a training camp in Dubai, maybe I can do a training camp in Africa, in America – just a new environment to get inspired again and to take the heavyweight division by storm."

He needs to identify the trainer best suited to his situation, engage him and then put in the hard work. Not go on some feel good sightseeing tour

·
delivering the truth
1,408 Posts
I can't imagine this would be to leave McCracken, maybe to add the team or as a consultant on certain aspects but AJ is a loyal guy, he wouldn't do that as it would be spun as blaming McCracken for the Usyk loss.
Well how wrong were you?

AJ has replaced McCracken alright. It's a done deal

Angel Fernandez is his new head coach

·
delivering the truth
1,408 Posts
Lol. You aren't living in reality! Just ignored the actual evidence of what AJ actually said as I pointed out.
'Evidence' of what AJ said? :ROFLMAO:

He fired McCracken girlie. Sacked him. That's the evidence. That's the reality and what about the 'evidence' of what you said?

I'll be shocked if it happens, tbh I'm not convinced it would make a difference. Everyone has pointed out what AJ did wrong in the first fight and what he needs to do in the rematch. But as he is the last chance saloon he might decide it's worth a punt. Just hope if it happens he at least makes a clear statement of thanks and absolves McCracken of responsibility for the loss. Otherwise it makes him look like the same mercenary scum alot of other fighters are.
That 'mercenary scum' is now blaming his corner for his loss. No points for guessing who his chief cornerman was, McCracken

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts