Boxing Forums banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
'Rob's in Sheffield and that's his base. I feel it might be time to move on from that environment....." - Eddie Hearn

The way is clearly being paved for a Joshua-McCracken separation. Just a matter of who the new trainer is now.

·
delivering the truth
645 Posts
Why hasn't AJ appointed his new trainer yet? Why isn't he working with him? Is AJ serious about fighting Usyk next? Starting to wonder.

·
delivering the truth
645 Posts
AJ now seen training with Anthony Wilson. The more opinions he gets the more confused he is going to get. If he doesn't appoint someone soon and get start with a solid game plan to beat Usyk he will lose badly again, perhaps even worse than the first time.

·
Registered
13,227 Posts
AJ now seen training with Anthony Wilson. The more opinions he gets the more confused he is going to get. If he doesn't appoint someone soon and get start with a solid game plan to beat Usyk he will lose badly again, perhaps even worse than the first time.
Tony Wilson?

Waaah?

I guess AJ is planning to boxercise his way to a victory over Usyk. lol.....

·
Registered
13,227 Posts
^ LOL

Wilson's own pro career is also less than impressive. I dunno how he managed to become the BBBofC British LHW champ, but he did it by beating a guy with an 11-1 record. He then lost his very next fight, to a guy named Tom Collins who at the time actually had a a record of 23 - 15 !

That's right: Tony Wilson was a British Champ for an entire 2 months, then lost the title to a guy with a 23-15 record, and then proceeded to lose 6 of his next 11 fights, before retiring with a career record of 20 - 8.

BoxRec: Tony Wilson

He then worked some menial job for a few years, before reading about "the new Boxercise craze" and figured he could make a buck as an instructor. So he filled out some forms, paid his fee and got his "boxercise instructor" certificate.

That's basically his resume.

Wilson is barely even an amateur trainer. He's mainly a boxercise instructor, and also has some small experience working with kickboxers. (or so he claims)

I dunno who those "20 world champions" are, nor what sport they competed in (Are there boxercise champonships?) But neither his official bio nor his new "Boxing Academy" website mention anything about this:
About Us | Tony Wilson Boxing Academy
Tony Wilson Boxing Academy - Total Body Fitness

- So draw your own conclusions.

Maybe Usyk should train with Billy Banks . 🙁
---------------

Now, Tony Wilson might be a great guy. He might even know something about boxing. (Losing sometimes teaches you more than winning)
- but THIS is the guy picked to help AJ win his world championship HW title back? It staggers the mind.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 · (Edited)
LOL

Wilson's pro career is also less than impressive. I dunno how he managed to become the BBBofC British LHW champ, but he did it by beating a guy with an 11-1 record. He then lost his very next fight, to a guy named Tom Collins who at the time actually had a a record of 23 - 15 !

That's right: Tony Wilson was a British Champ for an entire 2 months, then lost the title to a guy with a 23-15 record, and then proceeded to lose 6 of his next 11 fights, before retiring with a career record of 20 - 8.

BoxRec: Tony Wilson

He then worked some menial job for a few years, before reading about "the new Boxercise craze" and figured he could make a buck as an instructor. So he filled out some forms, paid his fee and got his "boxercise instructor" certificate.

That's basically his resume.

Wilson is barely even an amateur trainer. He's mainly a boxercise instructor, and also has some small experience working with kickboxers. (so he claims)

I dunno who those "20 world champions" are, nor what sport they competed in (Are there boxercise champonships?) But neither his official bio nor his new "Boxing Academy" website mention anything about this:
About Us | Tony Wilson Boxing Academy
Tony Wilson Boxing Academy - Total Body Fitness

- So draw your own conclusions.

Maybe Usyk should train with Billy Banks . 🙁
---------------

Now, Tony Wilson might be a great guy. He might even know something about boxing. (Losing sometimes teaches you more than winning)
- but THIS is the guy picked to help AJ win his world championship HW title back? It staggers the mind.
Lol.

Anthony "Chill" Wilson.
Is some unknown American living in Dubai. I am an anorak when it comes to keeping update with trainers I have never heard of this guy... He is claiming he is from Washington D.C. and has worked with World champion, he might have worked as an assistant at legendary D.C. trainer Adrian Davis's gym. Davis's gym produced the likes of Keith Holmes, William Joppy, Sharmba Mitchell and Hasim Rahman and Sugar Ray leonard also trained there briefly.

But there is no way "Chill" Wilson himself was a lead trainer for 21 World Champions like he is implying on Instagram.

As for for British Light Heavyweight Tony Wilson. He has kept a low profile for last 3 decades and is still traumatised by the fact his mother jumped into the ring to beat up his opponent with her shoe. Making Tony Wilson an object of ridicule everytime that video pops up.

Tony Wilson became a MEME before their was an internet.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
It would be the ultimate slap in the face to McCracken if AJ were to appoint 'Chill'
AJ will be slapping his own face if he employs chill.

Considering the money he has earned he could hire the best professional coaches in the business.
Instead he hires some unkown American Amateur coach from a gym in Dubai.

·
delivering the truth
645 Posts
AJ will be slapping his own face if he employs chill.

Considering the money he has earned he could hire the best professional coaches in the business.
Instead he hires some unkown American Amateur coach from a gym in Dubai.
Most unlikely to happen. But if AJ doesn't make an appointment soon I will be wondering what the hell his priorities are.

·
Registered
13,227 Posts
As for for British Light Heavyweight Tony Wilson. He has kept a low profile for last 3 decades and is still traumatised by the fact his mother jumped into the ring to beat up his opponent with her shoe. Making Tony Wilson an object of ridicule everytime that video pops up.

OMG - He's THAT guy ?

This just gets funnier and funnier.
--------------------------------------------

Maybe Tony Wilson's mom should train AJ. She looks pretty tough.
She could even claim to be a world-famous British trainer. -And I'll believe her, as long as she says so on Instagram !

In fact, she could start a boxing gym, and partner with the Provodnimom and Carl Froch's wife.
Usyk wouldn't stand a chance.

·
delivering the truth
645 Posts
AJ trained with Floyd Mayweather the other day.

He is going to be so confused with all the different ideas he has been fed from all these different trainers.

81 - 100 of 103 Posts