Boxing Forums banner
101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
delivering the truth
1,361 Posts
Similar to when Fury hired Ben Davison?
I don't know if Fury would have returned to the ring if it wasn't for Davison. At the time he was the best thing that could have happened to him. Fury was also wise enough to know when he had moved past what Davison had to offer. AJ could learn from that and perhaps he has and that is why he is going from trainer to trainer looking for someone who can provide him with a silver bullet to stop Usyk with?

·
delivering the truth
1,361 Posts
AJ plainly not planning on doing what is necessary

“I’ve been based in Sheffield and had a good chat with my coach and I want to try some new things, I want to try a new environment. Maybe I can do a training camp in Dubai, maybe I can do a training camp in Africa, in America – just a new environment to get inspired again and to take the heavyweight division by storm."

He needs to identify the trainer best suited to his situation, engage him and then put in the hard work. Not go on some feel good sightseeing tour

·
delivering the truth
1,361 Posts
I can't imagine this would be to leave McCracken, maybe to add the team or as a consultant on certain aspects but AJ is a loyal guy, he wouldn't do that as it would be spun as blaming McCracken for the Usyk loss.
Well how wrong were you?

AJ has replaced McCracken alright. It's a done deal

Angel Fernandez is his new head coach

·
Registered
13,300 Posts
I'm quite surprised myself.

I expected AJ to add someone to the team, but not actually replace McCraken.
I bet McCracken decided to leave on his own. Onward & upward, before he gets tainted by more AJ losses.

Evidently Fernandez (who?) was McCracken's assistant for the last few years. This will not be a fresh approach from a well established top trainer. Just more of the same from a guy with almost no experience.

I don't see this ending well.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
So all that hype was for nothing he is just gonna stick someone who will give him positive re-enforcement and tell him how great he is.

If he has even an ounce of aggression and confidence left in him he should beat Usyk in a rematch but cant see him beating Fury.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Actually AJ made it clear that he and McCracken are on good terms in his IFL interview this week....Sorry for the facts getting in way of your AJ/Me hating wet dream.
You got it completely and utterly wrong, as usual. Even condemned AJ in advance, not thinking for a second he would do what he did.

Hilarious!

·
delivering the truth
1,361 Posts
Actually AJ made it clear that he and McCracken are on good terms in his IFL interview this week....Sorry for the facts getting in way of your AJ/Me hating wet dream.
AJ sacked McCracken and now he is trying to lay blame on him for his loss

That is the truth whether it suits your narrative or not sweetheart

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Lol. You aren't living in reality! Just ignored the actual evidence of what AJ actually said as I pointed out.
The reality of how this played out doesn't suit you and that is completely understandable because you come out of it looking like an idiot after your earlier claims.

Being a fanboy and shooting your mouth off has its downsides.

If you can't handle the accountability that goes with shooting your mouth off, don't shoot your mouth off.

·
delivering the truth
1,361 Posts
Lol. You aren't living in reality! Just ignored the actual evidence of what AJ actually said as I pointed out.
'Evidence' of what AJ said? :ROFLMAO:

He fired McCracken girlie. Sacked him. That's the evidence. That's the reality and what about the 'evidence' of what you said?

I'll be shocked if it happens, tbh I'm not convinced it would make a difference. Everyone has pointed out what AJ did wrong in the first fight and what he needs to do in the rematch. But as he is the last chance saloon he might decide it's worth a punt. Just hope if it happens he at least makes a clear statement of thanks and absolves McCracken of responsibility for the loss. Otherwise it makes him look like the same mercenary scum alot of other fighters are.
That 'mercenary scum' is now blaming his corner for his loss. No points for guessing who his chief cornerman was, McCracken

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,605 Posts
If you want to ignore what AJ actually said I suppose that's up to you but if you think I'm gonna care about your fantasy world where you ignore reality then you're even stupider than I thought.

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,605 Posts
This just shows how your AJ hate colours what has happened. While AJ has changed trainer he clearly hasn't "fired" McCracken or they wouldn't be on good terms. And as to blaming him, he wasn't blaming anyone, he was explaining how he saw the fight at the time. It's your own prejudice against him that sees these things in the most negative light.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
This just shows how your AJ hate colours what has happened. While AJ has changed trainer he clearly hasn't "fired" McCracken or they wouldn't be on good terms. And as to blaming him, he wasn't blaming anyone, he was explaining how he saw the fight at the time. It's your own prejudice against him that sees these things in the most negative light.
McCracken used to work for AJ. He was his head trainer for many years.

Following the Usyk loss AJ let him go. Fired him. Sacked him. That's what happened. There's no sugar coating it.

Now he is very publicly blaming his corner for the loss and who was in charge in his corner? McCracken was. The guy AJ fired.

Denial doesn't change what has taken place.

101 - 120 of 130 Posts