Boxing Forums banner
161 - 180 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Not arguing with you, but I think AJ simple never HAD the ability.
He was just never really that good, and both Ruiz and Usyk are just reality punching him in the face.
I strongly disagree, AJ before Ruiz had the Killer instinct and the ability to execute it. I'm not saying he would have 100% beaten everyone but I would have made him strong favourite too.

·
Registered
13,406 Posts
I strongly disagree, AJ before Ruiz had the Killer instinct and the ability to execute it. I'm not saying he would have 100% beaten everyone but I would have made him strong favourite too.

Killer instinct? AJ?

He won most of his fights on a single punch, against opponents who literally didn't even try hard to hit him.

He didn't even deserve his Olympic gold medal.

just stop it.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Assuming Garcia is sent packing, who's next?
Tunde Ajayi hopefully. He sure could have done with "Empty the tank, stop him this round Ant" at some point in his most recent loss, you get a second bite of the cherry and are still not prepared to risk getting knocked out in order to score one yourself, it's baffling.

I like Sugar Hill-Steward, I heard Fury's let him go but I'm not sure how true that is but if it is that's his man

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Tunde Ajayi hopefully. He sure could have done with "Empty the tank, stop him this round Ant" at some point in his most recent loss, you get a second bite of the cherry and are still not prepared to risk getting knocked out in order to score one yourself, it's baffling.

I like Sugar Hill-Steward, I heard Fury's let him go but I'm not sure how true that is but if it is that's his man
I doubt Steward would consider it, AJ is a bit of Poison pill now I would expect they wouldn't want to risk their reputation on a guy on his way towards a ignominious end. Plus AJ won't be earning the kind of money to a attract a A grade coach now he'd have to go for a domestic or little known guy

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Ajayi it is then 😁
Steward is still with Fury. But Ajayi would be the most fun. Throw the craziest and most psychotic coach Anne Wolfe into the mix. Then we would have the proper dream team.

Imagine him having to do these drills.

·
Registered
13,406 Posts
Tunde Ajayi? The man who doesn't believe in sparring? The man who basically destroyed Anthony Yarde?

I dunno ......

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 · (Edited)

Garcia on Eli Seckbacks channel posted today.

To summarise.

Garcia saying his comments in the British press have been mistranslated. From an interview he gave to a Spanish language website.

Main criticism of Team AJ has been that they tell him what they think he wants to hear. Rather then what he needs to hear.

And that is what Garcia is doing here . Above interview is just sycophantic nonsense from Garcia. Either he is deluded about what happened in the fight. Or he is just pitching to save his job.

“Aj was winning the fight up to the ninth”.

“AJ had Usyk on the verge of a knockout in the 9th”

“AJ looked brilliant in the fight”.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts

Garcia on Eli Seckbacks channel posted today.

To summarise.

Garcia saying his comments in the British press have been mistranslated. From an interview he gave to a Spanish language website.

Main criticism of Team AJ has been that they tell him what they think he wants to hear. Rather then what he needs to hear.

And that is what Garcia is doing here . Above interview is just sycophantic nonsense from Garcia. Either he is deluded about what happened in the fight. Or he is just pitching to save his job.

“Aj was winning the fight up to the ninth”.

“AJ had Usyk on the verge of a knockout in the 9th”

“AJ looked brilliant in the fight”.
Some of his English spoken interviews have also been honest and to the point about AJ's deficiencies.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 · (Edited)
Some of his English spoken interviews have also been honest and to the point about AJ's deficiencies.
Is that before he became trainer or after??? He did say AJ had no heart and that cant be fixed after his loss to Ruiz. And he did say after the first Usyk loss like virtually every other trainer out there that AJ needs to be aggressive and needs to apply more pressure and let his hands go in the rematch.

And he did say after AJ won the rematch with Ruiz that AJ fought scared. And that Wilder would knock him out cold.And Ruiz would have knocked him out if he had been in shape.

I suppose for the kind of money and publicity on offer to train AJ most trainers would be sugar coating stuff.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

But what if Joshua doesn't tolerate anything else? Because Coach McCracken by no means spent his time in the corner telling Froch what he wanted to hear and blowing smoke up his backside but this is what he's charged with doing during his time in the Joshua corner. I was gonna use a Mikey example for Coach Garcia also not doing that but that's his brother but I'm sure there are many examples of him telling some hometruths to his other fighters too so maybe the fighter is the problem.

I watched the hour-long interview a bit earlier and my verdict is Garcia won't be in the corner for Joshua's next fight and I think he knows it too.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
AJ stated in June that he was stunned when the decision was announced after the first fight. Because he thought he was winning and he never received any indication from the corner otherwise. And he only realised he had lost when he rewatched the fight.

Nobody told him to turn up the heat or he needed a knockout.

That was the prime reason for getting rid of Mccraken. So I doubt AJ asks them tell him what he wants to hear.

Garcia is brought in and he does the same thing. Maybe it’s the amount of prestige or money that AJ brings that turns these guys into yes men.

Or perhaps Team AJ is surrounded by yes men and the consciously follow what everyone else is saying. Rob Mccraken was never much an animated type of coach even when he was training Froch.

Or maybe it’s just the amateurish mistake of watching what your own fighter is doing and not looking at what the opponent is doing. That has led to them assuming there guy was winning.

Reactions: Philly Shell

·
Registered
13,406 Posts
AJ stated in June that he was stunned when the decision was announced after the first fight.....

Nobody told him to turn up the heat or he needed a knockout.......

Or perhaps Team AJ is surrounded by yes men and the consciously follow what everyone else is saying. Rob Mccraken was never much an animated type of coach even when he was training Froch.

Or maybe it’s just the amateurish mistake of watching what your own fighter is doing and not looking at what the opponent is doing. That has led to them assuming there guy was winning.

Or maybe Aj is just lying.

161 - 180 of 200 Posts