Boxing Forums banner

Anthony Joshua vs Jermaine Franklin confirmed.

3K views 36 replies 7 participants last post by  SimonTemplar 
#1 ·

#2 ·
Although no official confirmation it has been widely reported in the British press AJ will train in America with Derrick James for this fight.

#3 ·
Well a relatively low risk but game opponent who does'nt punch very hard but is busy fighter. If AJ cant beat him it will be over for his career.

Reactions: SimonTemplar
#4 ·
Yeah, Franklin's resume is not exactly filled with the "Who's Who" of heavyweight opponents. The only common opponent seems to be Dylan White and AJ KO'd him in 7 rounds in 2015 and Franklin lost a MD to him in 2022.

I agree, if AJ can't win this one, it's time to hang up the gloves and look for another line of work just in case the money runs out.

#6 ·
The arena will be a sell out. But I very much doubt the PPV will do well. DAZN is named dead zone for good reason.

Well for me the more interesting thing to see will be if sharing the gym with Spence and Charlo and being trained by Derrick James helps him.

#12 ·
Pretty miserable fight, can't believe that the PPV will do well. I'll just look up the result late that night, would definitely watch if it were free but not paying PPV for it. Feels a bit sad that a former unified champion in his thirties needs tune up opponents before taking a non-title fight.

#16 ·
Franklin has been carefully cherry picked. And anything short of sensational and dominant performance. Will reflect badly on AJ.

And Eddie Hearn still harping about how great AJ's resume is. Someone should show him John Ruiz's resume and ask him how AJ, compares. Yes even Ruiz had a better resume infact AJs does not even come close

#22 ·
British heavyweight prospect David Adeleye turned up at the Joshua vs Franklin press conference looking for the Lonsdale title holder. Well, he found him and they had words. Also, just to say I happened upon this YT channel yesterday or the day before just by chance, I didn't realise it was a channel I wasn't subscribed to until after I began watching it, it was a video of Hearn and Chisora having words and Hearn was chastising him. Now they're bringing us this little treat, one more exclusive and I think I'll subscribe

#29 ·
Is it safe to say AJ is mentally done in this sport.

#31 ·
so by all accounts AJ has turned into David Price 2.0.

#33 ·
Well the old school method would be to have a guy low on confidence and filled self doubt, have a few quick fights in succession to get in the right frame both mentally and physically.

But fighters these days have minimum guarantees with promoters and Tv contracts. They need to make a profit.
Only option for AJ is a cashout fight.

What seems likely is a rematch with Whyte and then a cash out. But on the back of that performance a win against Whyte is not a guarantee.

Maybe Hearn will just cash him out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.