Was AJ right to check that student?

• Yes but he should have been more professional

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened about a week ago now so I'm sure you've all seen the footage, if not I'll pop it in at the end here but you can't see his face in the video footage and so I've deliberately not posted here in case it wasn't actually him even though I believed it to be him.

I just watched an interview with his promoter and he spoke on it and so we have confirmation that it was indeed Anthony Joshua issuing the warning to the frozen student.

And incase you've managed somehow not to hear about it the story is this student (and perhaps others in the same apartment) was heckling AJ from an open window (AJ is currently training at the university for his next fight), allegedly saying he has a glass jaw and is scared of Tyson Fury. As always there's no video of what was said to cause the reaction but most people commenting on YT seem to accept that this was a provoked incident but they are split on whether or not AJ was right to react how he did. His promoter really didn't want to get into it and tried to remain neutral before abruptly ending the topic after about 2 minutes on it but I know you guys won't be neutral, what do you think?

·
The World's Great Lover
34,173 Posts
Is this part of his therapy

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Looks like the defeats to first Ruiz and now Usyk. Have had a psychological impact, the whole “stay humble” persona has slipped.
Regardless of whether this student deserved it or not. He should ignore and stay focused on his craft. It shows a mental weakness to future opponents who will take advantage with their trash talking.

Besides others had it worse likes of Chris Eubank, Naseem Hamed, Audley Harrison and Amir Khan have received next level of hate.

And Frank Bruno was once abused and punched in the face by drunk whilst attending a soccer match. He was gracious enough not to retaliate.

Reactions: 46 Wins

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Maybe that student was Charlie Z.

Anyway, seems to me that AJ was being quite reserved and polite to the kid, just explaining his feelings . Hard to be mad about THAT.

·
Registered
12,471 Posts
Nah fuck then kids. Good on AJ for making them wind there necks in. Dumb cunts

View attachment 22001

This is so true. Keyboard warriors who couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper bag coming off like they are real bad people, but in reality are nothing more than assholes who know how to type tough........but if confronted would need lots of this------🧻🧻🧻

·
Registered
14,361 Posts
Pretty dumb of Joshua to be doing this sort of stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts