Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smith Jr Points

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very interesting fight, Beterbiev may be putting a beatdown on Smith but one punch from Smith can turn this, not sure about Beterbiev's whiskers vs a huge puncher even though he should win

·
Registered
12,471 Posts
Going to go with Artur on this one. He's perfect in his campaign at Light Heavy with all wins by KO and I see this continuing.

I know Artur's been down a couple times in his pro career, but he's always recouped and gone on to top his opponent.

He's one of the few fighters out there that looks to throw every punch with the intention to hurt his opponent, and that is hard to overcome.

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Beterbiev is much like Mike Tyson during his prime: Because of his overwhelming power and aggression, many fans don't realize how skilled he is, especially his defense. Beterbiev has steadily improved with every pro fight he's had. He now has a pretty varied offense, and his defense is MASSIVELY underrated.
- Plus he has a great chin.

I like Smith as much as anybody, but I'd have to be black-out drunk to give him any more than a 10% chance.
Make that 5%.

·
Registered
12,471 Posts
Well, the good thing for boxing fans is this fight is going to be shown on ESPN starting at 9 p.m. Central here in the States. Nice to see a quality championship fight on TV instead of on PPV.

I'm pretty sure that whole thing is because Artur and Joe Smith are not really household names and only known to true boxing fans, so there would not be much draw on PPV for this fight. It should be good while it lasts.

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,548 Posts
Artur Beterbiev v Joe Smith: Anthony Yarde in talks to fight winner for world title

Sounds like Warren is along way along the line to get Yarde a fight with the winner, tbh I don't think he will beat either and Beterbiev will likely stop him quickly. I'm guessing EH will have Buatsi go after Bivol's WBA title but given Canelo will fight him in May next year it's likely that wouldn't happen until Autumn 2023. I don't think EH would risk him against Beterbiev, he is too good and the money wouldn't be big enough to make up for it.

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Beter's ability to control the distance was superb. I think that was a major factor in his total domination of Smith.

-----------------------------

Really sucks, though. Smith could have probably given us a few more high profile, fun fights, and made some decent money in the process, but he chose to face the division's #1 boogeyman instead.
- And he looked fairly clueless.

So where can Smith go from here?

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Beter's ability to control the distance was superb. I think that was a major factor in his total domination of Smith.

-----------------------------

Really sucks, though. Smith could have probably given us a few more high profile, fun fights, and made some decent money in the process, but he chose to face the division's #1 boogeyman instead.
- And he looked fairly clueless.

So where can Smith go from here?
Still fights for him luckily he didnt take
a career ending beating the ref stopped it at a good time

Craig Richards, Yarde when he loses to Beterbiev, Ramirez when he loses to Bivol, Callum Smith or rematch with Vlasov

Plus if Beterbiev unifies then moves up all the belts get scattered so he could be in line again its not over for him

It might be over for Yarde if he fighta Beterbiev next lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts