Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yarde by KO/TKO/DQ

• Yarde on Points

1 - 4 of 33 Posts

· Super Moderator
13,520 Posts
Wow, Beter is really 38 y-o? That's really surprising.

Stil, although he also has very good reflexes, which do slow with age, his basic style is the type that ages well. He doesn't need super-high output since he has 1-punch power, and he has no need to danced around on his back foot.

I always thought Yarde had massive potential, but that fraud Tunde has basically destroyed him.
They've added James Cook to the team. Big deal. Cook is a former Euro champion, but has ZERO training credentials. - And Tunde "Sparring is a waste of time" Ajayi is still in charge.

Beter has excellent defense these days, and he will apply relentless come-forward pressure. And Yarde has never shown an ability to counter-punch well.
If a bull ever got loose in a china shop, Yarde would be the porcelain teacup sitting on the front table.
Fawgeddaboudit.

· Super Moderator
13,520 Posts
Until Beterbiev shows me something other than his brutal power to KO opponents, I'm going with a KO win by Artur.
He has, you're just not noticing because his power is so overwhelming. (Maybe also because he was somewhat basic earlier in his career.)
It's similar to when Mike Tyson was rising through the ranks in 1985. Few noticed his excellent defense nor his exceptional ring IQ, though we all appreciate that in hindsight.

Watch Beterbiev's last 3-4 fights and really study what he does. The guy is the complete package.

· Super Moderator
13,520 Posts
I thought Yarde looked pretty bad, actually. He wasted tons of energy with unnecessary, twitchy movements
And he threw mostly "hope for the best" puches that were 98% blocked. The compubox numbers were hilariously wrong.

Yarde certainly gave it his all, but he probably landed 5-6 meaningful shots in the entire fight.
--------------

Beter looked surprisingly nimble for his age. The defensive movement is still there. He may have quite a few good years left. Yowsa !

1 - 4 of 33 Posts