Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Arthur Abraham defending against unbeaten mandatory challenger Gilberto “Zurdo†Ramirez.
Unbeaten two-time Mexican Olympian Oscar Valdez against former IBF featherweight world champion Evgeny Gradovich.
Unbeaten U.S. Olympian jr welterweight Jose Ramirez vs. TBA.

- source

That's a pretty tasty undercard as far as I'm concerned. Both the Abraham and Valdez fights could be really competitive. I really like Valdez and this is a big step up for him.

·
left in tears
21,669 Posts
That's a very nice undercard. Really bringing his star prospects into the spotlight. Arum can move a fucking prospect, I'll give him that.

·
left in tears
21,669 Posts
sauerland and aa are cashing out. 13 fights in the last four years

betting on ramirez is going to be expensive. my guess -300 or 350
I think Abraham will be getting HUGE money for this to get him to fight in the US. Shows that Arum has a fuck load of faith in Ramirez.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think Abraham will be getting HUGE money for this to get him to fight in the US. Shows that Arum has a fuck load of faith in Ramirez.
Yup. King Arthur hasn't fought in the US since Ward. He must be getting a good purse to give up the home advantage like that.

·
Villan
12,455 Posts
Abraham's entitled to 80% of the purse bid with the fight being away from home. The winning bid was $1.56m, meaning his share is $1.25m. However with Arum and the Sauerland's doing a deal after purse bids it's to be expected that AA will be getting even more than that.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Not bad. Abraham, once a prodigal slugger, is now a cagey old lion. I like the setup. Good cash out fight, if nothing else.

I just can't get excited about the main event, though. Ugh.

·
Registered
27,585 Posts
Awesome card. I'm getting hyped for Ramirez/Abraham. I'd definitely love to watch Valdez/Gradovich. Here I thought Gradovich was moving down and targeting Donaire? Either way, a very good step-up for Valdez.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Solid undercard. I think it is going to be a good night of boxing. I plan on having some friends over, grilling some variety of animal or two, and having fun.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
i very seldom do anything over -200 but i am probably going to make an exception here. 14 fights in four years, 36 years old, stopped one opponent in his last nine fights and taking a payoff to fight in the US

·
CHB WORLD CHAMPION 2018
60,398 Posts
Quality card.

·
The Peoples Champ
4,435 Posts
i very seldom do anything over -200 but i am probably going to make an exception here. 14 fights in four years, 36 years old, stopped one opponent in his last nine fights and taking a payoff to fight in the US
I agree...AA's power is always a concern but overall would agree with your assessment.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts