Boxing Forums banner

As It Happened: Kessler vs Magee, Barker vs Hope, DeGale vs Zuniga (+ more) Updates & Discussion

11458 Views 392 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  Teeto
Please use spoiler tags for any fights that may have happened but haven't yet been televised. Thanks.

Tonight's Schedule

Sky Sports
from 8 pm: Kal Yafai vs Jorge Perez
est 8:30 pm: John Ryder vs Eamonn O'Kane
est 9:30 pm: Darren Barker vs Kerry Hope
Also could show: Erick Ochieng vs Max Maxwell and/or Carson Jones vs Dean Byrne between fights.
est 10:45 pm: Mikkel Kessler vs Brian Magee

Channel 5
from 10 pm: James DeGale vs Fulgencio Zuniga
Also showing: Kid Galahad vs Ivan Ruiz Morote and Chris Eubank Jr vs Olegs Fedotovs

See less See more
41 - 60 of 393 Posts
My TV is lagging like a muh'fucka.
Round 5: Eamonn O'Kane breathing heavily with his mouth open to start the 5th. He's no longer trying to fight inside but still isn't able to land much effectively. Ryder controls the distance well and uses better footwork to jump in and out of distance while landing good uppercuts inside. Another Ryder round. 50-45.
Spencer Oliver ringside says Eamonn O'Kane needs to straighten up his attacks rather than coming in wildly with hooks. Would be good advice but it seems unlikely he'll turn this around now.
Round 6: Once again Ryder is boxing the much better. He's landing the better shots by far, has a much better defence and is in full control. 60-54 Ryder.
Round 7: O'Kane trying to set up his attacks more with jabs now but he's still telegraphing his shots too much and Ryder is able to read and slip most attacks. O'Kane is outworking Ryder and lands more than in previous rounds. Better round for O'Kane as Ryder doesn't throw much in the 3 minutes. 69-64 Ryder.
Round 8: Ryder lands a big straight left at the start of the 8th which shakes O'Kane badly. He tucks up but gets his head rocked back several more times as Ryder hunts for the stoppage. O'Kane lowers his hands leaving himself defenceless and gets caught once again before referee Howard Foster jumps in to end it. Impressive performance from Islington's John Ryder, he wins via 8th round TKO.
What the fuck happened to MM91? He used to post alot now he's like a super twitter whore. Kust had a look on Twitter and he's made something like 22k tweets.
You coukld see Foster keeping an eye on him, gave him plenty of chance to fight back. Decent stoppage.
Eddie Hearn says he plans for O'Kane to fight on February 9 in Belfast. Also says he'll be looking at Billy-Joe Saunders and Nick Blackwell's fight next week as he looks to send Ryder against the winner.
:lol: You getting one for Christmas?
Christmas? I'm wearing mine now. I can feel my core strength increasing everytime I lean forward to pick up my Stella.
Christmas? I'm wearing mine now. I can feel my core strength increasing everytime I lean forward to pick up my Stella.
Hard work, dedication.

Just had steak, that baby sweetcorn stuff, mangetout, baby potatoes. Drinking a smoothie. War Dazzler. Hold my dick.
:lol:
Hahaha
Next up is Darren Barker vs Kerry Hope. 12 rounds for some bullshit IBF title. Could be interesting. Barker hasn't fought in 14 months.
41 - 60 of 393 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.