Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
@ Aussie boxing
Have you noticed there is no RBR here, or a post about this fight since Feb 22?
Your guy's thread is 40 pages long, half of you paid to watch it, some probably attended, and, the biggest Lucas Browne nuthugger of the forum is a self-exiled Pommy vegetable.
Sounds like the joke is on you, eh?

·
Registered
22,444 Posts
The dude came to fight and went out on his shield. Fair play for that, he was never that great and was maybes overhyped by beating a 40 year old shot Chagaev but im not gonna complain about contenders fighting other contenders matterless of how it goes down.

Glad the dudes ok, that was a rough KO and he took a fair beating in that fight. Whyte came in his beat shape and looked as good as ive seen him.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I missed the fight but his face was already brutalised before that flurry. He's got to retire surely if he is still alive.
He's never come across as being smart enough to know if he's alive or not anyway.

In fairness, have Australians ever really cared about Lucas Browne? I figured have the reason he's fought overseas regularly is because nobody down under gave a fuck.

·
‪#‎Pray4Khan‬
63,351 Posts
He's never come across as being smart enough to know if he's alive or not anyway.

In fairness, have Australians ever really cared about Lucas Browne? I figured have the reason he's fought overseas regularly is because nobody down under gave a fuck.
Harsh. Im in WA right now and they care here

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Harsh. Im in WA right now and they care here
I wasn't trolling; genuinely assumed he didn't have much of a fanbase and that's why he's fought the likes of Towers and Rudenko overseas. Fair play to him if he genuinely has went overseas to try to take on tougher opposition.

·
‪#‎Pray4Khan‬
63,351 Posts
I wasn't trolling; genuinely assumed he didn't have much of a fanbase and that's why he's fought the likes of Towers and Rudenko overseas. Fair play to him if he genuinely has went overseas to try to take on tougher opposition.
Fact is that boxing is a real niche sport here with not a lot of followers. where in UK boxing is kicking goals. I say all the time that Aus Box needs to follow UK model to help develop the sport

·
Registered
5,950 Posts

There is such few world class boxers in Australia that;

A) They all know each other (and camps)
B) They have all sparred each other (hence know who is boss)
C) They are reluctant to fight each other because the loser is admonished to gatekeeper immediately. With little chance of exposure or promotion.

There was a stage when I cared about Lucas Browne the fighter and I still do care about Browne the person. But if you combine his age & experience with his recent circumstances, he totally deserves to cash his chips in and sail off into the sunset.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts