Boxing Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Anyone know if there is a copy of the fight floating about on youtube or somewhere?

Pretty sad result for Aussie boxing. Whether you're a fan or not Lucas always comes off as a sound bloke and we don't really have anyone else to take over as a solid top level contender in the marquee division.

Hope he can bounce back and get a few decent scraps and make some coin before he hangs them up

·
Registered
481 Posts
Even with the best camp in the world he wouldn't beat Whyte. He could be in a few more decent scraps but I reckon he should hang em up.

But if Parker loses to AJ definitively, then Parker v Browne could be a good comeback fight for both. Winner goes straight back into the limelight and could make some good coin. Or Browne could hang around the UK and fight Chisora.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
That was difficult to watch!
As most here I was cheering for Big Daddy but there wasn’t much he offered up in the fight.

White looked great in there. Hard to gauge the speed because Big Daddy was so slow but he seemed to have some good speed and combos.

Some of those body shots were vicious. True to the Body Snatcher name!!

Come to think of it I don’t really ever recall a heavyweight with solid consistent body work and body punching combos

·
Super Diamond Emeritus Champion
1,545 Posts
That was difficult to watch!
As most here I was cheering for Big Daddy but there wasn't much he offered up in the fight.

White looked great in there. Hard to gauge the speed because Big Daddy was so slow but he seemed to have some good speed and combos.

Some of those body shots were vicious. True to the Body Snatcher name!!

Come to think of it I don't really ever recall a heavyweight with solid consistent body work and body punching combos
Whyte is a decent fighter, I don't think Browne ever was better than good. Browne was big, had a decent dig and was game. Never a champion.

·
buff it good
1,537 Posts
Congratulations to Whyte. But he beat nothing. Browne was in terrible shape and had apparently been knocked out by Del Boy Chisora in sparring. If that story is true Browne shouldn't even have been allowed in the ring with Whyte so soon after.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Congratulations to Whyte. But he beat nothing. Browne was in terrible shape and had apparently been knocked out by Del Boy Chisora in sparring. If that story is true Browne shouldn't even have been allowed in the ring with Whyte so soon after.
I'd like to know how much truth there is to that. Have heard people mention, on this forum I think as well, that if Browne were to not retire perhaps he could fight someone like Del Boy.

Though if he was KO'd in sparring it's not a good idea. Even Carl Froch mentioned he'd heard that Browne wasn't hard to hit in sparring with Del Boy. Didn't mention a KO but still that isn't good.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Can George Kambosis do any better in the rematch?
Nope Devin Haneys skill set is far more superior. If anything I think Devin Haney will do even better in the rematch.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
a
Can George Kambosis do any better in the rematch?
Absolutely.

If he can commit to leading the action and letting his hands go more often he'll better his chances. He was to patient and allowed Haney to be comfortable. He needs to be first as Haney isn't going to give him to many counter punching opportunities.

However, other side of the coin is that Haney can be better as well. Can Kambo be better enough to offset that, time will tell. I really hope I am wrong but I don't think he can

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Reactions: aussie joe

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Fleming is so frustrating. He’s obviously got a lot of talent, came into the pro ranks hot and strung together some wins but then everything just fizzled out into nothing. We’ve never got to see what he really could have done.

Really a shame

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Billy Dibs who has bèen through his fair share of tragedy iin recent years is now battling cancer. get well soon champ.

• Wow
Reactions: Super_Fly_Sam
21 - 40 of 41 Posts