Boxing Forums banner

Bowe vs Tyson

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Yiddle 
#1 ·
Who would take this one? if mike hadnt been banged up and he'd met bowe after bowe-holyfield 1, who takes the battle of brooklyn?

#2 ·
Tyson by embarassment

#4 ·
I think we did a thread on this a while ago, there's some top breakdowns of it in there. I picked Tyson myself, it got very technical though :yep
cheers mate ill check it out

#5 ·
cheers mate ill check it out
There's good arguments for both, I think a lot of the Bowe one's are based on one night of glory against Holyfield which I think sort of weakens the argument when a lot of people accept that any other Bowe would likely lose to a peak Tyson.

#8 ·
thought they both said they would never fight eachother because they where friends, also think they spared eacthother back in the day...
if only there was footage of that! would be brilliant to see

#11 ·
If both men came at there peak it would certainly be an interesting match. Tyson was ferocious in his prime & had the head movement to get inside and cause problems with his power. Bowe could be hurt, Holyfield knocked him down in the rubber match so Tyson would have an excellent chance of knocking him down or out. Bowe would have to get him jab going & utilise the uppercut which Tyson was susceptible to. An hard one to pick but I think Tyson would land & finish Bowe in 8 to 10 rounds.

#14 ·
Depends whatr Bowe your talking about. If its the fit motivated Bowe of the first Holyfield fight, then I think he has a great shot at beating Tyson. Especially since I feel Tyson lost a step after his loss to Douglas and relied on less head movement and was more stationery. Its a fight that would probably be fought at close range for long periods, but Bowe's probably one of the fighters who could handle Tyson inside, given his physical strength, china nd unusually good ability to fight in close for a big man. Bowe via late stoppage.

#17 ·
just been watching holyfield v bowe 1 on espn classic, forgot what a great fight it was, absolute war, but reinforced that tyson would have a great chance of knocking out holyfield, being a such a small fighter holyfield still dragged bowe into a up close fight, trading on the inside, and didnt let bowe take enough advanced of his reach, bowe fought great like that, but i think a prime tyson would defo of taken advantage and punished him...

#18 ·
This fight would have been an all out war.

I'm a huge Bowe fan, and he has the tools to beat Tyson. But, he was far too easy to hit and this would lead to a painful night. Tyson stops Bowe late or grinds out a clear points win. Terrible shame this fight didn't happen.

#19 ·
Not true, if he had not gone to jail, we would of had Tyson/Holyfield first, and I think Holyfield would of won.

The only time Bowe/Tyson was a realistic prospect was after Tyson came out of jail, and at that time hindsight suggests Bowe would of had his number.

#20 ·
Tough fight to judge bowe of the first Holyfield fight was a top fighter and the Tyson of this fight was not as good defensive fighter as the earlier version of iron mike. I will go for Tyson though in a exciting fight by TKO . For me bowe was easy to hit and against Tyson that only means pain and hurt and I don't think bowe would cope well mentally with that. Also against Holyfield bowe was I am sure given given extra ball size by his big size advantage . Tyson though bought his whole own huge baddest man on the planet aura with and of course more power than Holyfield

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.