Boxing Forums banner

Burns v Mitchell

3K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  Holmes 
#1 ·
:bbb

#12 ·
William Hill.

Gonna stop using their odds, been short twice now.

I was in favour of a small price for Burns btw, obvious win for him imo and a disgrace that it was billed as a pick em fight. Fast getting fed up of Boxnation.
The fans thought it was a close fight. It went as tight as 4/5 (Burns) on the night on Betfair.

#13 ·
The fans thought it was a close fight. It went as tight as 4/5 (Burns) on the night on Betfair.
The fans were told it was a close fight. Anybody who knows boxing and has followed it closely knows it was a gimme fight for Burns.

I use Hills hence odds, deposited in paddys now so will use that from now on in.

Didn't realise pretend money and pretend bookies odds would be so closely followed mate.

#14 ·
The fans were told it was a close fight. Anybody who knows boxing and has followed it closely knows it was a gimme fight for Burns.

I use Hills hence odds, deposited in paddys now so will use that from now on in.

Didn't realise pretend money and pretend bookies odds would be so closely followed mate.
The fans were told Haye-Audley was a close fight, but the odds never budged. There were a lot of people who know their stuff who picked Mitchell (@SimonTemplar, @Vano-irons).

I don't really care about the vBookie myself, was only messing about odds. Much more into the real thing myself.

#16 ·
The fans were told Haye-Audley was a close fight, but the odds never budged. There were a lot of people who know their stuff who picked Mitchell (@SimonTemplar, @Vano-irons).

I don't really care about the vBookie myself, was only messing about odds. Much more into the real thing myself.
That's why Bunce and others deserve shit.

As for people that backed Mitchell. I'd say bet with brain and not heart if you catch my drift. I like Mitchell and have followed him since he started out near enough but his limitations are there for all to see and Burns is a boxer on the up. I predicted a shut out to be honest, said so since ESB days when Nelson was trying to hype it. I also think Burns should stop fighting opponents who are inferior and start taking meaningful unifications or fight Broner. Good fighter who's not mixing with the company he should be.

I don't begrudge anybody for liking Mitchell but I'd question their judgement hugely. I gave Mitchell no hope for this fight what so ever and I cannot see and argument why he'd win. Better boxers and punchers have lost to Burns so what makes Mitchell a possible winner. Are we talking Super Saiyan 'Well prepared and motivated' Mitchell or Kevin 'got things on his mind and other issues to deal with' Mithcell? No matter which Mitchell turned up he was getting outboxed.

You're doing a great job in thegambling challenge mate, fair play.

Says the guy who thinks Sturm beat Macklin and facepalmed me for saying Macklin was robbed ;)

I'm not grateful for watching these matchups pal. When I turn on sky sports or boxnation I wanna watch a fight where I can't pick the winner. I picked this winner 12 months ago when it was rumoured to happen. It was a good fight to watch but not an interesting fight. Winner was a forgone conclusion, in house fighters, a fighter on the up and ideas of being lineal champion v a fighter whose motivation was to build a nest egg fund, never a great combination and 9 times out of 10 an easy fight to predict.

Burns v Broner is a 50/50 type fight, Burns v Mitchell is a 90/10. IMO of course but a strong opinion on this I have.

#22 ·
#24 ·
Macklin got robbed against Sturm. I've always said that :conf

You'll probably only get round to seeing half a dozen fights a year if all you're gonna watch is complete 50/50 fights.

Also, as you're a good predictor of fights.. get started in my prediction career thread mate :good - http://checkhookboxing.com/showthre...ct-Fights-and-Build-a-Career-Challenge-Thread
I'm absolutely sure that you :lol: and said Sturm won on points in the ESB Choi, response to a post I made to Bryn in regards to the Glazer family and why I don't like United.

Anyway, yeah he did get robbed. And yeah I am sick to the fucking back teeth of cards nowadays. Fighters avoiding, jumping weights, abc politics, promoters having too much influence on the sport and sport spread across tv channels. With footie it's on Sky predominately, bit on ESPN/BT Vision but you can watch any game later on in the day on Sky. With Boxing its Sky, ESPN, Premier, Primetime and C5. Many aim to compete for audience with same say cards rather than sorting between themselves for maximum exposure once a week on a fri/sat. Cost is ridiculous, talking £93 on Virgin a month to watch boxing and I dont even pay to Crimetime ppvs.

Just sick of it all now, with footie you get the best playing the best. With boxing the best dont wanna fight each other unless they have an advantage be it at home, catchweight or even make opponent change division entirely, purse arguments etc. Then you have Frank working his magic on North Korea TV aka Boxnation where you're told what to think. Buglioni the next George Clooney the way the harp fucking on. It's a fight, call the action, explain that he is fairly limited and his opponent has been brought into lose.

Makes me fucking sick.

To cap off Burns v Mitchell in a battle of Britain, a pick em fight. Anybody who watches boxing often enough and watched fights of both fighters for say last 5 coudl tell you Mitchell wasn't going to win. Heck on ESB Nelson tried to drum it up and nigh on everyone said it was Burns by points or late KO (fairplay, Burns surprised by making even easier work of Mitchell than expected), supposedly I am meant to reassured that the fight was a decent matchup because a few good posters said Mitchell would in. One is a hugger of Mitchell and the other an alias?

Easy to make matchup stable wise, one winner Mitchell to Burns and put a few quid in the kitty so he wont have to grow dope for a while or paint fences in CS. Warren pockets management fees from both and it's all on his terms. One winner, as usual, a solicitor threatening me to say and think otherwise. Fuck it, spades a spade. Cleverly fighting yet another no mark, as a world champion. Degale treated like absolute shit etc.

Turned into a bit of a rant then, sorry for being negative but really couldn't give a fuck about this sport anymore. Alvarez 'the next big thing' fighting Lopez who went up in weight just to fight Ortiz then had to go up again to fight Alvarez, why not Cotto?

Time to end this rant of a post.

#26 ·
I'm absolutely sure that you :lol: and said Sturm won on points in the ESB Choi, response to a post I made to Bryn in regards to the Glazer family and why I don't like United.
Definitely wasn't me. I've always thought Macklin got jobbed in that fight.

Anyway, yeah he did get robbed. And yeah I am sick to the fucking back teeth of cards nowadays. Fighters avoiding, jumping weights, abc politics, promoters having too much influence on the sport and sport spread across tv channels. With footie it's on Sky predominately, bit on ESPN/BT Vision but you can watch any game later on in the day on Sky. With Boxing its Sky, ESPN, Premier, Primetime and C5. Many aim to compete for audience with same say cards rather than sorting between themselves for maximum exposure once a week on a fri/sat. Cost is ridiculous, talking £93 on Virgin a month to watch boxing and I dont even pay to Crimetime ppvs.

Just sick of it all now, with footie you get the best playing the best. With boxing the best dont wanna fight each other unless they have an advantage be it at home, catchweight or even make opponent change division entirely, purse arguments etc. Then you have Frank working his magic on North Korea TV aka Boxnation where you're told what to think. Buglioni the next George Clooney the way the harp fucking on. It's a fight, call the action, explain that he is fairly limited and his opponent has been brought into lose.

Makes me fucking sick.

To cap off Burns v Mitchell in a battle of Britain, a pick em fight. Anybody who watches boxing often enough and watched fights of both fighters for say last 5 coudl tell you Mitchell wasn't going to win. Heck on ESB Nelson tried to drum it up and nigh on everyone said it was Burns by points or late KO (fairplay, Burns surprised by making even easier work of Mitchell than expected), supposedly I am meant to reassured that the fight was a decent matchup because a few good posters said Mitchell would in. One is a hugger of Mitchell and the other an alias?

Easy to make matchup stable wise, one winner Mitchell to Burns and put a few quid in the kitty so he wont have to grow dope for a while or paint fences in CS. Warren pockets management fees from both and it's all on his terms. One winner, as usual, a solicitor threatening me to say and think otherwise. Fuck it, spades a spade. Cleverly fighting yet another no mark, as a world champion. Degale treated like absolute shit etc.

Turned into a bit of a rant then, sorry for being negative but really couldn't give a fuck about this sport anymore. Alvarez 'the next big thing' fighting Lopez who went up in weight just to fight Ortiz then had to go up again to fight Alvarez, why not Cotto?

Time to end this rant of a post.
Can't really disagree with any of this to be fair, you're spot on. I still love it though but it's not hard to see why people lose interest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.