Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bivol TKO/KO

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
12,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Better late than never any last minute predictions?

After seeing the weigh in and how focused Bivol looks im going with Bivol UD, Canelo will have his moments but Bivol's workrate and size will be too much, not sure if he gets it on the judges but we will see

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
This should be a pretty tough test, but I think Canelo walks him down and finishes it inside the distance. He's proven he can handle fighters taller and with longer reaches than himself.

I looked at Bivol's record and really don't see near the resume of quality fighters when compared to Canelo's.

I may be proved wrong, but I have to go with the guys who's beaten bigger opponents the last several fights with relative ease.

·
Registered
12,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This should be a pretty tough test, but I think Canelo walks him down and finishes it inside the distance. He's proven he can handle fighters taller and with longer reaches than himself.

I looked at Bivol's record and really don't see near the resume of quality fighters when compared to Canelo's.

I may be proved wrong, but I have to go with the guys who's beaten bigger opponents the last several fights with relative ease.
The most intriguing thing about this fight is Bivol never ends up on the ropes he always spins, this could be the deciding factor and also if you pressure Bivol he throws alot of combinations which can be good but also bad against Canelo, at the same time if he gets Canelo's respect with a good punch we could see a chess match

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
The most intriguing thing about this fight is Bivol never ends up on the ropes he always spins, this could be the deciding factor and also if you pressure Bivol he throws alot of combinations which can be good but also bad against Canelo, at the same time if he gets Canelo's respect with a good punch we could see a chess match

What impresses me about Canelo is his ability to evade punches with great head and upper body movement, all the while walking his opponents down and pressuring them with great body work and quick counterpunch combinations. There's no denying Canelo has considerable pop in his punches.

·
Registered
13,268 Posts
What impresses me about Canelo is his ability to evade punches with great head and upper body movement, all the while walking his opponents down and pressuring them with great body work and quick counterpunch combinations. There's no denying Canelo has considerable pop in his punches.

Canelo probably has even better defense than Lomachenko, even though he's not as mobile.
His head slips are the best I've ever seen in boxing, ever. He's also learned how to move his torso really sell in the last 3-4 years.

So the key is obviously to go at him with body shots. Sadly, that has never been Bivol's strength, to put it mildly.
He's incredibly mobile, & he has fast hands, but his offense is practically meat & potatoes basic, and he almost NEVER has gone to the body in the past. (Watch the Agnew fight, when Bivol had him trapped against the ropes and Agnew went to an earmuffs defense. I was literally screaming at my TV for Bivol to go to the body. But no .....

Bivol also sucks at countering off the back foot, though I doubt that will be a factor against Canelo.

- But could we see a new Bivol tonight? He certainly has the leg speed to get in & out on Canelo.
He also has incredibly good balance. When he attacks from outside, he never leans forward or gets caught with his head exposed. He's very hard to counter. - So if they've added a solid body attack to his arsenal, he might have a very good chance against the gingican.

Of course, Bivol will also be fighting the ref, the judges, probably the ring size (I guarantee it will be tiny) etc etc etc ..... Heck, they'll probably have some guy in the rafters with a spotlight, constantly shining it in Bivol's eyes. Team Canelo doesn't take any chances.

Mo' money, 'mo money, 'mo money, 'mo money ..............

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Canelo is too defensively responsible to get KO'd imo. Bivol might be too big, he's on the up and up and can box. Canelo has a tendency to get lazy and rely on his defense. He was down on the cards against Kovalev until he gave him the Nyquil.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
He's gotten too comfortable with it, imo. He's gotten lazy, Plant was actually outboxing him until he got wore down.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Of course, Bivol will also be fighting the ref, the judges, probably the ring size (I guarantee it will be tiny) etc etc etc ..... Heck, they'll probably have some guy in the rafters with a spotlight, constantly shining it in Bivol's eyes. Team Canelo doesn't take any chances.

Mo' money, 'mo money, 'mo money, 'mo money ..............
This sounds like excuses being baked in before the fight. I haven't heard any complaint from Team Bivol in the lead up to this and Team Canelo have not requested a catchweight nor a rehydration clause. What does he have to do to get full credit for once?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts