Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bivol TKO/KO

Votes: 0 0.0%
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
"Slick White Chocolate"
5,467 Posts
Canelo would have died against Beterbiev lucky he didnt win
that style may have actually suited Canelo, props to bivol perfect gameplan.

Would have loved to see canelo target body from the get go, and be more defensive... didn't need to take the fight forward so much...

I will hope he adjusts for rematch.

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,530 Posts
I had it 117-111 Bivol. Great performance and fortunately it was clear enough the Judges didn't steal it. Be interesting to see what Canelo thinks he can change in the rematch?

·
Registered
12,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

Would have loved to see canelo target body from the get go, and be more defensive... didn't need to take the fight forward so much...

The way Bivol blocked the shots with ease makes me think Beterbiev runs right through Canelo

I dont want to see a rematch Canelo still doesnt have great stamina he should have started abit later and finished strong but Bivol can be even better in the rematch, Canelo should stay at 168

·
Registered
12,437 Posts

Canelo did go to the body early on, but he was just swinging at air most of the time. That's the first thing I noticed when I saw the first 4 rounds of a stream someone posted. Bivol would step in, get off a few jabs and back out as Canelo tried to body punch while advancing.

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
Ridiculous scoring giving Canelo the first 4 rounds. All he had to do was win or tie 2 of the next 8 rounds after being gifted the first 1/3 of the fight. Finally doesn’t get a corrupt decision. And he can only blame himself.

Bivol did it easy. Not interested in a rematch a 175 although 168 would be tasty.

Reactions: Sweethome_Bama

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
Ridiculous scoring giving Canelo the first 4 rounds. All he had to do was win or tie 2 of the next 8 rounds after being gifted the first 1/3 of the fight. Finally doesn’t get a corrupt decision. And he can only blame himself.

Bivol did it easy. Not interested in a rematch a 175 although 168 would be tasty.

Someone posted a video from Azteca that put one on u-tube of the entire fight. It's in Spanish, so I could not understand what they were saying, but I guarantee I heard "Saul Canelo Alvarez" at least 5 times a round like he was dominating.

I scored the first four rounds as even, with the first 2 going to Bivol and the next 2 to Canelo while all 4 judges saw them all for Canelo. I had to stop after the 4th round but will finish watching the fight and come back with my card when done.

No doubt Bivol won the fight and from what I've read on here, by a much wider margin than the scorecards indicated.

·
The World's Great Lover
34,148 Posts
Bruh flew too close to the sun.
More like a cherry pick gone bad, he and his teM didnt reapect bivol and it blew up in their fave. Like when Mattheysse and his team thought postol would be a cake walk and got his face broke

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
He needs to stay at 168lb's badly underestimated Bivol a solid well schooled technical fighter with close to 300 amateur fight and payed the price.

At the age of 32 it is probably all down hill now anyways all his opponents ate going to be entering the ring with a diffetent mindset.

Also needs to get rid of his penchant for fighting at a leisurely pace in fights.

·
Registered
12,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·

Problem is if the judges can make it that close in the first fight imagine a rematch for all Canelo's titles in his actual weight division, they will make it a draw so he keeps his titles no way they let him lose even if its 12-0

·
Registered
13,268 Posts
115-113.

The right man won, but the fix was in. (of course.) WAY in.

I gave Canelo ONE round, and that was just to be nice to him.
Hint: When you hit your opponent's gloves, that's not a scored punch.
(Technically, you also don't score if you hit your opponent's arms, but I do count those since I think that rule is ridiculous.)

Not that judges ever care about the actual rules.

Also note the corrupt ref looking for an excuse to deduct a point from Bivol, claiming he was pushing Canelo down. Not the case at all. Canelo was continually lunging in with his head below Bivols left jab, then raising up and getting caught.

Same as it ever was.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts