Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bivol TKO/KO

Votes: 0 0.0%
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
12,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Can't understand why Bivol is so keen/willing to come down to 168 for the rematch? Yes there are titles there, that's understood

But don't change anything Bivol. Take a rematch at 175 and do what you did in the first fight
Money, he said in the rematch he hopes they treat him better so he basically said he was underpaid, if he agrees to 168 he probably get quite abit more as team Canelo will think its a disadvantage to Bivol, Canelo cant really do anything any better at 175

·
The World's Great Lover
34,148 Posts
He needs to stay at 168lb's badly underestimated Bivol a solid well schooled technical fighter with close to 300 amateur fight and payed the price.

At the age of 32 it is probably all down hill now anyways all his opponents ate going to be entering the ring with a diffetent mindset.

Also needs to get rid of his penchant for fighting at a leisurely pace in fights.
He is a 160 fighter he ran away from 160 because the top challengers skillset isnt favorable for his style and they are his age or younger.

There is no reason he should have left 160 when he did with andrade, charlo bros, jrock, and all the other talent there.

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
He is a 160 fighter he ran away from 160 because the top challengers skillset isnt favorable for his style and they are his age or younger.

There is no reason he should have left 160 when he did with andrade, charlo bros, jrock, and all the other talent there.
Saul is in a bad position now. I think he is overmatched by all the the champions at 175. He's too small in stature. I don't think he wants to see Benavides. He might have trouble making 160. I think he beats Any Charlo, but Andrade's style will be tough for him to overcome. Funny thing is that I was watching Teddy Atlas' podcast "The Fight", and he indicated that Saul might be juicing, and he might be getting told when he will get tested ahead of time.

·
The World's Great Lover
34,148 Posts
Saul is in a bad position now. I think he is overmatched by all the the champions at 175. He's too small in stature. I don't think he wants to see Benavides. He might have trouble making 160. I think he beats Any Charlo, but Andrade's style will be tough for him to overcome. Funny thing is that I was watching Teddy Atlas' podcast "The Fight", and he indicated that Saul might be juicing, and he might be getting told when he will get tested ahead of time.
I mean we know he was juicing with that bs tainted meat and we know he has the wnc in his pocket. To me he has been a protected kid who was hurt by promotional and sanction body coddling.

I think jermell would give him more problems than jermall but i think his resume would be better just beating them and fighting instead of running away.

But yeah he is fucked at 168 and above imho simply because he was small for MW imho.

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
I mean we know he was juicing with that bs tainted meat and we know he has the wnc in his pocket. To me he has been a protected kid who was hurt by promotional and sanction body coddling.

I think jermell would give him more problems than jermall but i think his resume would be better just beating them and fighting instead of running away.

But yeah he is fucked at 168 and above imho simply because he was small for MW imho.
I think he beats both Charlo's, and I think he could have some great flights at middleweight. The only option at SMW is Benavides, and Canelo don't want that smoke. Supposedly, Bivol is willing to fight Canelo at SMW, which is very stupid of Bivol. Q

·
Registered
4,292 Posts

Dont see he him being able to make 160lb again.
And like you said even sustaining an unbeaten record at 168lb is a major challenge. Considering how small in stature he is.
Not sure were he goes from here.

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
Damn, some of you guys are almost writing the man off because he suffered his 2nd loss in 61 fights. No doubt the guy has enough money to retire and live a comfortable life, but I don't see that happening.

I can see at least 5 more good fights in his future before he calls it a day. Trying to fight at Light Heavyweight was just a step too far.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts

Win-win for Bivol imo. He'll get more money, and if he loses, there most certainly will be a third

61 - 73 of 73 Posts