Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

· Registered
21,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I chose 15 because most of the top ten is pretty agreed upon and it gets interesting when you get past number 8.

Post your top 15 P4P lists and if there's enough I'll add em all up and make a list out of them next Monday or something(depending on how many lists we get).

· Registered
18,308 Posts
You know this thread is a breeding ground for argument :lol:
1. Manny Pacquiaou
2. Floyd Mayweather
3.*Sergio Martinez
4. Juan Manuel Marquez
5. Andre Ward
6. Nonito Donaire
7. Wladimir Klitschko
8. Carl Froch
9. Miguel Cotto
10. Tim Bradley
11. Gennady Golovkin
12. Guillermo Rigondeux
13. Chad Dawson
14. Danny Garcia
15. Abner Mares

I might be ranking Danny Garcia a bit too high but he's had some impressive performances recently and is a unified champ in a tough division

· Registered
22,444 Posts
1. Andre Ward
2. Sergio Martinez
3. Floyd Mayweather Jnr
4. Manny Pacquaio
5. Juan Manuel Marquez
6. Nonito Donaire
7. Wladimir Klitschko
8. Brian Viloria
9. Tim Bradley
10. Carl Froch
11. Orlando Salido
12. Abner Mares
13. Saul Alvarez
14. Miguel Cotto
15. Chad Dawson

· Registered
18,308 Posts
I will probably get shit for this but despite all he's achieved I wouldnt have Klitschko that high p4p, I think its using his size advantage that makes him so good.
He just pretty much demolished wach, who's bigger than him, even if he wasn't all that. He's a really smart boxer and you have to take into account his domination when rating him

· Premium Member
13,352 Posts
I actually rate Wlad as #2. Although it was a while ago I even attempted any form of list.

Think off the top of my head for top 10 i'm going for (based on official results or else it makes everything completely fucked):

1. Floyd
2. Wlad
3. Martinez
4. Ward
5. Bradley
6. Pac
7. Donaire
8. Marquez
9. Haye
10. Cotto? Rigo? Hard to call this one.

Note - being a shitty boxing fan, I don't actually know enough about the next potential 5 fighters to be happy with an order, I could come up with names but I'd just be drawing straws for order.

· Umberto Eco Subscribes
7,466 Posts
I'm never really into P4P lists but I always do them anyways, and because it's Lunny asking I definitely will now. Hopefully if enough people do something we might be able to make an "official" CHB one(assuming it's not too scandalous to assemble). Seems like we're moving on from the days of that certain trio leading the way anyways.

· Registered
20,877 Posts
1. Floyd
2. Manny Pacquiao
3. Andre Ward
4. JMM
5. Sergio Martinez
6. Nonito Donaire
7. Wlad Klitschko
8. Carl Froch
9. Yuriorkis Gamboa
10. Tim Bradley
11. Miguel Cotto
12. Lucas Matthysse
13. Brian Viloria
14. Abner Mares
15. Danny Garcia

However theres a few fights coming up that could change my list a fair bit, Pac-JMM 4, if Pac wins convincingly he goes 1, if he struggles stays the same, if JMM wins he goes 2 Pac drops. If Trout beats Cotto (hes a live dog) the list would change, and it's strange for me having a contender in a division ahead of the undisputed champ, with Matthysse ahead of Garcia, but that's due to the way Matthysse has been treated by boxing and the fact there's not many i'd pick against him in a match up

· wow very uch rilm
10,590 Posts
I actually rate Wlad as #2. Although it was a while ago I even attempted any form of list.

Think off the top of my head for top 10 i'm going for (based on official results or else it makes everything completely fucked):

1. Floyd
2. Wlad
3. Martinez
4. Ward
5. Bradley
6. Pac
7. Donaire
8. Marquez
9. Haye
10. Cotto? Rigo? Hard to call this one.

Note - being a shitty boxing fan, I don't actually know enough about the next potential 5 fighters to be happy with an order, I could come up with names but I'd just be drawing straws for order.
I'll do my own list in a bit, but I can't get my head around this one. Agree with most of the names, but the order is all over the place. Guess it's down to you using official results... Everyone uses their own criteria I suppose

· Sucka Free Baws
2,553 Posts
1. Floyd
2. Manny Pacquiao
3. Andre Ward
4. JMM
5. Sergio Martinez
6. Nonito Donaire
7. Wlad Klitschko
8. Carl Froch
9. Yuriorkis Gamboa
10. Tim Bradley
11. Miguel Cotto
12. Lucas Matthysse
13. Brian Viloria
14. Abner Mares
15. Danny Garcia
Definitely got the right names in I reckon. I'd change the order myself though, like I'm not sure about Gamboa being that high, Mares has achieved far more than him recently.

Like I say though I wouldn't argue with the names.

· Registered
20,877 Posts
ye i did look at that when i compiled it, i always think of the first agbeko fight when i think of mares which is probably unfair, and i really rate gamboa, cant see him being beaten up to lightweight at least, maybe he could do ok at l.welter but there are some big punchers there

· Premium Member
13,352 Posts
I'll do my own list in a bit, but I can't get my head around this one. Agree with most of the names, but the order is all over the place. Guess it's down to you using official results... Everyone uses their own criteria I suppose
just had a skype debate on it - for me, you have to stick with official results or where does it stop? Do we drop floyd because some people think he lost to castillo? should have been DQ'd against Ortiz (according to some people). That's just two examples - not necessarily great ones, but they exist. I understand why people don't, but it gets too crazy otherwise. I think it's unfortunate on Pac in a way, considering his run, but it's just tough.

· Umberto Eco Subscribes
7,466 Posts
What do people think about the likes of Ward/Donaire cracking that trio? Seems like Pacquiao and Marquez in particular are no longer unsurpassable(is that a word? It should be if not).

· Registered
20,877 Posts
What do people think about the likes of Ward/Donaire cracking that trio? Seems like Pacquiao and Marquez in particular are no longer unsurpassable(is that a word? It should be if not).
very likely soon, depends on the result of JMM-Pac 4, if Pac/JMM is sensational and wins convincingly or by stoppage they get the number 2 or 1 slot for a while, Ward is only hampered by his love of home comforts, Donaire is doing all the right things, just needs "that fight" which defines him, could be Rigo tbf. I think a loss would really hurt Floyd moreso than any other top 10 fighter

· Along came a spider
14,188 Posts
very likely soon, depends on the result of JMM-Pac 4, if Pac/JMM is sensational and wins convincingly or by stoppage they get the number 2 or 1 slot for a while, Ward is only hampered by his love of home comforts, Donaire is doing all the right things, just needs "that fight" which defines him, could be Rigo tbf. I think a loss would really hurt Floyd moreso than any other top 10 fighter
What is the obsession with Rigondeaux? He's done nothing as a professional to warrant a shot at Donaire. Donaire proves more by beating Mares than beating Rigo.

· I SMELL PUSSY!!!
14,804 Posts
Up until Ward and Donaire beat Dawson and Nishioka I thought there was 2 clear elite groups, with Mayweather, Pac and Marquez as a clear top 3, with a pretty clear order (May, JMM, Pac) and then a group of 4, Wlad, Donaire, Martinez and Ward who were all clearly ahead of the lower top 10, but not quite proven to be on the level of the big 3, now the gap between the 2 groups has shortened significantly if not completely gone, I definitely think Donaire has cracked the supposed top 3, arguably being the #2 now, Ward is harder to judge and I don't rate the Dawson win quite as high as some others do, so he's definitely still behind what I have now as the big 4, whether it is even a big 4 any more or if it's now just the top 7 is a whole different story though.

Long disjointed story short there isn't a top 3 any more.

On the original topic

1. Mayweather
2. Donaire
3. Marquez
4. Pacquaio
5. Ward
6. Wlad
7. Martinez
8. Bradley
9. Mares
10. Viloria
11. Cotto
12. Froch
13. Salido
14. Dawson
15. Garcia

Damn it's really hard to pick after the first 7, keeping to criteria is a bitch.

· Registered
23,540 Posts
1) Floyd Mayweather
2) Juan Manuel Marquez
3) Manny Pacquiao
4) Andrew Ward
5) Nonito Donaire
6) Wladimir Klitschko
7) Abner Mares
8) Sergio Martinez
9) Miguel Cotto
10) Carl Froch
11) Timothy Bradley
12) Brian Viloria
13) Orlando Salido
14) Anselmo Moreno
15) Lucas Matthysse
15)

Guys with potential to enter p4p over the next few years..

Shinsuke Yamanka, Saul Alvarez, Yuriorkis Gamboa, Robert Guerrero, Leo Santa Cruz, Punglaung Sor Singyu, Guillermo Rigondeaux, Mikey Garcia,

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.