Boxing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
A noble savage.
26,837 Posts
Live life on the edge.

Here is a good example of how they always make sure there buildings can withstand even the harshest of conditions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-36375726
:rofl Yeah exactly! I know someone who spent some.! time working in China and they said they were surprised by the difference in healthy and safety regs between there and the UK.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In December last year they had a landslide of construction waste in Shenzhen, It was pretty much entirely construction waste that had been building up for the last couple of years. It took out 33 buildings. They had already had warnings that something catastrophic could happen if they continued to use the same method of disposing of all the waste.

·
Error 503 Serice Temporarily Unavailable
6,616 Posts
Disappointing video...

I was expecting a bridge made out of glass, that is a steel bridge with glass viewing panels built into the walkway. The other bridge they showed was actually a glass bridge. That one was supposed to have failed, but the video evidence never showed that.

Also, the panel he hit didn't look like it was part of the construction, it was just a panel that they wheeled in for demonstration purposes. The actual panels in the bridge could have been weakend when fitted. (If they actually fitted the same panels shown...)

They guy wielding the sledghammer does not know how to use a sledghammer. One hand should start up by the head and be slid down the shaft during the swing, giving much better balance, control and ultimately more leverage and power.

Despite being specifically chosen for his poor technique, he did still shatter the glass. When demonstrating how strong glass is, it's more convincing when the glass doesn't break. They claimed the other sheets of glass were intact, but; they weren't hit with a sledghammer, and there's no way we can tell anything from that video.

All we actually saw was a man shatter a sheet of glass.

I suspect foul play here...

·
‪#‎Pray4Khan‬
63,283 Posts
Do you get a guide rope to hook onto along that mountain side path? Got to be a load of deaths otherwise.
There are no official statistics that I'm aware of. But another thing to consider is that is 2 way traffic as well. So not for the feint hearted

1 - 19 of 19 Posts