Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benn on Points

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Right now I don't know anything apart from what's on the poster, can't seem to find out about the weight stipulations, rematch clauses, PPV price etc.

It makes more sense for Harlem to be fighting Benn given their weight and experience level but I get it wouldn't cause as much fanfare as having the two sons in there, so here we are, another PPV show for UK and Ireland DAZN subscribers but I expect it to do well, the press conference should be a good one too, I'm expecting Nigel over from Australia for the launch presser at least and then of course both fathers on the live PPV broadcast, I also expect the undercard to be mediocre to poor and they'll get away with it too.

I wasn't really screaming for this but here we are, the rivalry continues.

·
just loving boxing
361 Posts
This will sell but will it even be a contest?

Eubank Jnr bigger, stronger, more experienced, better resume.

Thinking the agreed weight will need to be around 155, 156 to make this work.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So Coach Simms has confirmed that the contracted weight for this bout is 157lb, there is a "huge financial penalty" if the weight is missed and also if a fighter (so Eubank Jr) comes in over 158.5lb then the fight will be called off. He also confirmed there is a rehydration clause too but he didn't go into details as he wasn't sure if he was allowed to but one does exist.

I'm surprised it's at 157, I thought 155 would have been the more likely but I guess this is how they got it over the line.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Haven't watched it yet nor do I have time to today but I assume it was a good one given the characters involved

Khan vs Lo Greco press conference was more exciting. Was expecting alot more.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just finished watching the presser, Eubank Jr saying he'll only be at 60% on fight night isn't what I want to hear tbh, I understand his explanation and it does make sense but if the rehydration clause means you'll lose 40% then don't agree to the terms, better to have no fight than one where the excuses are built in. Benn is also hindered by not being able to get to 157, he'll weigh in at 154 or 155 according to Coach Simms but Benn isn't making excuses, he says he's going to "handle the family business". The animosity simply isn't there this is nowhere near as hot as the fights between the fathers but the intrigue is still present.

I honestly would have been happyy with Harlem vs Conor but perhaps I'm in the minority there.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Will be interesting to see if EH starts to pivot to Benn as his next big star now AJ is done? Not sure this fight has the international appeal to help that with DAZN but if Benn can win it will help push for a big fight with international appeal that could propel him to superstar status.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts

·
Registered
2,147 Posts

As per Mcguigan rehydration clause is only 5lbs.

157lb catchweight and Eubank can only weigh 162lb for the second weighing on the morning of the fight.
What's the real relevance of the 157 pounds then?

The end result is Eubank will only be a day behind his normal weight schedule when fighting at super middleweight and Benn will be a blown up 5ft 8 inch welterweight.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
You could ask what’s the relevance any weight division limit. Fighters normally rehydrate 10 to 20lbs after a weighin.

Relevance for this t fight is to weight drain Chris Eubank jr. 157lb. Who struggles to make 160lbs as it is. And then make it hard for him to fully rehydrate the following day. By setting a limit of 162lbs.

The standard rehydration clauses normally be 10lbs . This 5lbs limit makes things a lot tougher it means Eubank can’t fully re-hydrate right after the fight and will have stay dehydrated until the second weighin the following morning.

And for the record Conor Benin’s walk around weight is 168lb’s.

Anyway if Eubank jr gets whooped cus of this then there is no excuses. He agreed to this and signed the contract.

Reactions: SimonTemplar

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Given 162 is much closer to Eubanks SMW than Benn at Welter I don't see how he could complain. If they let him do what he liked and he ended up at 175+ Benn would have no chance. This fight is all about Benn anyway, Eubank is old and has never risen above domestic level (ok he held the IBO SMW belt briefly but the IBO is a bit of a joke really). Benn still has the chance to be a superstar. Eubank should be grateful these will be his biggest payday before he fades into obscurity.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Given 162 is much closer to Eubanks SMW than Benn at Welter I don't see how he could complain. If they let him do what he liked and he ended up at 175+ Benn would have no chance. This fight is all about Benn anyway, Eubank is old and has never risen above domestic level (ok he held the IBO SMW belt briefly but the IBO is a bit of a joke really). Benn still has the chance to be a superstar. Eubank should be grateful these will be his biggest payday before he fades into obscurity.
Eubank Jnr is 32. Almost the exact same age as AJ.:ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 184 Posts