Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benn on Points

Votes: 0 0.0%
141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
“Obviously, he’s got a big fight on his hands” - Eddie Hearn

Hearn choosing his words carefully there and already trying to distance himself from the train wreck that is Conor Benn.
Not sure he was distancing himself the above quote is in the following interview in the video at 9 minutes.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts

Daily Mail reporting he tested positive previously for the same substance earlier this year.

If true this is turning into a Jarrel Miller like situation.

Yep he does have a fight on his hands. Looks like his career could be over with a legnthy ban.

·
just loving boxing
361 Posts
Interesting turn of phrase from Hearn in his latest press release :

"Conor Benn wasn't allowed due process in this instance."

In this instance? Suggests to me there was another instance (and that is the rumour). Perhaps I reading too much into it?

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Interesting turn of phrase from Hearn in his latest press release :

"Conor Benn wasn't allowed due process in this instance."

In this instance? Suggests to me there was another instance (and that is the rumour). Perhaps I reading too much into it?
Maybe you are over analyzing every sentence that comes out of Hearns mouth. But not that I blame you.

If one boxer is juicing he will most likely know others who are using the same suppliers. So if Conor or someone else snitches we might have an avalanche with others being exposed.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
If that avalanche occurs it could result in a much needed perfect storm for the sport.
Or tear boxing apart like a Cyclone. And Broadcasters no longer willing to give the sport a platform.

Could easily die like British Wrestling did in the 1980's.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
In anycase if The Daily Mails story is true of Benn failing a previous test. Every one associated with Tony Simms gym will be under a cloud of suspicion. As will Simms himself.

·
just loving boxing
361 Posts
Benn's previous fight was in mid April, against Chris van Heerden and that would seem the most logical time Benn might have been previously tested. But there is no certainly to that.

Someone has a lot of answering to do if 2 positive tests were attempted to be swept under the carpet. Certainly Benn himself, because he would have been informed of both results. But who else knew??

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Benn's previous fight was in mid April, against Chris van Heerden and that would seem the most logical time Benn might have been previously tested. But there is no certainly to that.

Someone has a lot of answering to do if 2 positive tests were attempted to be swept under the carpet. Certainly Benn himself, because he would have been informed of both results. But who else knew??
UKAD have a policy of confidentiality so they might have had an enquiry, and accepted Benns excuse. The first time around.

·
just loving boxing
361 Posts
If that is the case, little wonder UKAD want to conduct an investigation this time around. It is some 'coincidence' that the same drug has been detected in the same person twice in the same year, regardless of how small the amount detected was.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
So Benn might have tested positive twice?

Would just love to be a fly on the wall at Matchroom at the moment. Lot of people not getting a lot of sleep just now.
Yep no one does a better witch hunt then the British Tabloids. So they will be publishing story after story.
I wonder what Eddie Hearn did to piss off someone at the Daily Mail. He used to write a weekly column on what was happening in the world of boxing a few years ago for them.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Benn now blurting "I hope the apology is as loud as the disrespect."

We look forward to hearing your apology Conor and hope you deliver it nice and loud too.

Both him and Benn sounding confident they will hustle their way out of it.

From what Hearns is saying they are going to use the Dillian Whyte defence.

In a that case Dillian Whytes defence was that although the UKAD test was positive the VADA test was negative. And because the substance in his sample a trace amount was so miniscule it could have only come via cross-contamination during the testing process. So legally he could not be banned and if he had been. The court would have over ruled the ban.

So same game is in play.

If that does not work the secondary defence will be, because VADA is not recognised by the BBBofC and is not connected to World Anti-Doping Association. Therefore legally British Board cannot ban him on the basis of their test.

3rd line will be to claim trace amounts were in some over counter supplement.

If those fails 4th line of defence like the above will be to get the sentence reduced by claiming the nutritionist, doctor etc gave him without his knowledge.

Only spanner in the works is if he has indeed failed the test on two seperate occasions this year.

But overall would not surprise me if he totally gets away with it or a minor slap on the wrist. And is back in the ring in a few months.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts

Both him and Benn sounding confident they will hustle their way out of it.

From what Hearns is saying they are going to use the Dillian Whyte defence.

In a that case Dillian Whytes defence was that although the UKAD test was positive the VADA test was negative. And because the substance in his sample a trace amount was so miniscule it could have only come via cross-contamination during the testing process. So legally he could not be banned and if he had been. The court would have over ruled the ban.

So same game is in play.

If that does not work the secondary defence will be, because VADA is not recognised by the BBBofC and is not connected to World Anti-Doping Association. Therefore legally British Board cannot ban him on the basis of their test.

3rd line will be to claim trace amounts were in some over counter supplement.

If those fails 4th line of defence like the above will be to get the sentence reduced by claiming the nutritionist, doctor etc gave him without his knowledge.

Only spanner in the works is if he has indeed failed the test on two seperate occasions this year.

But overall would not surprise me if he totally gets away with it or a minor slap on the wrist. And is back in the ring in a few months.
Expect the worst and least justifiable result possible. It is boxing.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts

141 - 160 of 184 Posts