·
Registered
4,622 Posts

This is a mustwatch.

Reactions: Philly Shell

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Things have gone very quiet. What did Eddie Hearn say? Wait until you have heard the facts?

Well Eddie, we are all ears...and the silence is deafening.
I doubt we here anything more for months.

• Angry
Reactions: Gareth

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Once the Lawyers get involved these usually drag on for months in anycase never known of a quick resolution. They look at legal precedents they hire their own scientists to go through the evidence. And on top the longer the case goes the more money for the lawyers.

By the time the case is resolved the general public is bored of it anyway.

Incidentally the South African boxer Kevin Lerena mooted as Daniel Dubois's next opponent. Tested positive for the exact same drug as Benn Comifilene the female fertility drug. A few years ago. After several months the case was heard he used the I took my wifes drug by mistake excuse and was cleared. Well that was in South Africa.

In anycase I would be very surprised if Benn receives any serious penalty.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts

Benn and Eubank snr on their public speaking tour.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts

Just prior to a hearing on 21st of October Conor Benn voluntarily relinquished his British License.

I assume it was a pre-emptive action to avoid a ban so he can apply for a license elsewhere.

The BBBofC have upheld the misconduct allegations against him.

Reactions: Philly Shell

·
Registered
4,622 Posts

I think Eďdie Hearns P.R. Team issued statements are not helping Conor Benns cause. All this spin with no real explanation about anything. And we cant tell you anything because of legal proceedings.

All those Eddie Hearns interviews on youtube channels have the same tone and are not helping him either.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Hearing all sorts of palava from Hearn and Benn. One of their spins on the positive result is 'it must have gotten contaminated'.

Dear Eddie & Conor,
That is why they take a B sample. Get the B sample tested.

Hearn also complaining about 'how long this is taking' and saying he wants 'things resolved as soon as possible.

Dear Eddie,
Get the B sample tested. They won't test it until requested. Request it.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Hearing all sorts of palava from Hearn and Benn. One of their spins on the positive result is 'it must have gotten contaminated'.

Dear Eddie & Conor,
That is why they take a B sample. Get the B sample tested.

Hearn also complaining about 'how long this is taking' and saying he wants 'things resolved as soon as possible.

Dear Eddie,
Get the B sample tested. They won't test it until requested. Request it.
I dont see that B sample happening.

In anycase all this spin with no substance, relinquishing his license blaming the Boxing Board trying to make them scapegoats is just making Benn look more and more guilty.

Conor Benn and his terrible advisers have made him into the British Jarrell Miller. Guilty or innocent from now on His public image will always be associated with PED use.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I can't remember an athlete who tested positive who didn't lie afterwards and Benn is no exception. But the palava he is coming out with is just making him sound more and more guilty and more and more stupid.

Hearn is supporting Benn because he has no real choice. But Hearn is making it clear he and Matchroom will not be representing Benn in the action against him and Hearn is saying he understands if Benn chooses to part ways with Matchroom and he is probably quietly hoping he does.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
"I’ve not taken anything. I never have done, never would. It’s not what I stand for, it’s not what my team stands for. Why would I take the biggest fight of my life, sign up to VADA — voluntary anti-doping — and then take this substance? If you Google this substance, it stays in your system for months. Do I look like an idiot?"

That's a good question on the face of it, why would you undergo voluntary testing and then cheat? But if you were cheating before you agreed to the additional testing you would of course then try to mask it until your system was clear, you've really just got your fingers crossed that by the time they get around to you all traces have cleared out but if they do find something it isn't the hard stuff that can't be explained away but rather the masking agent that might appear in your system if you ate 30 eggs a day for instance

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
"I’ve not taken anything. I never have done, never would. It’s not what I stand for, it’s not what my team stands for. Why would I take the biggest fight of my life, sign up to VADA — voluntary anti-doping — and then take this substance? If you Google this substance, it stays in your system for months. Do I look like an idiot?"

That's a good question on the face of it, why would you undergo voluntary testing and then cheat? But if you were cheating before you agreed to the additional testing you would of course then try to mask it until your system was clear, you've really just got your fingers crossed that by the time they get around to you all traces have cleared out but if they do find something it isn't the hard stuff that can't be explained away but rather the masking agent that might appear in your system if you ate 30 eggs a day for instance
Well boxers are not the sharpest tools in the box. Lamont Peterson for example travelled all the way from his home in Washington DC, to Las Vegas and had slow release testoerone pellets implanted in his butt before his first fight with Amir Khan. And then for the rematch agreed to VADA testing
and got copped.

Even the ones who are fully educated on PED's get complacent after getting away with it for along time, Larry Olabamiwo has a degree in Pharmaceutical Engineering. Because he was hardly ever being tested at the level he was fighting stopped bothering with taking precautions.

As for the 30 eggs a day excuse, Hens are not fed with Clomifene in the U.K. it is banned by the department of environment. Just the ability to eat that sheer number of eggs would make it unbelievable.

Its just Eddie Hearn throwing around as much disinformation and deflection for the benefit of casuals.

In anycase here is Gabriel Montoya who is knowledgable on these issues explaining how and why Clomifene could have remained in his system.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
According to his promoter, Conor Benn will not fight again in 2022 and Eubank Jr will in Nov or Dec. He did say he still hopes to make Benn vs Eubank Jr but I'm declaring this fight dead now given his comments today.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Well boxers are not the sharpest tools in the box. Lamont Peterson for example travelled all the way from his home in Washington DC, to Las Vegas and had slow release testoerone pellets implanted in his butt before his first fight with Amir Khan. And then for the rematch agreed to VADA testing
and got copped.

Even the ones who are fully educated on PED's get complacent after getting away with it for along time, Larry Olabamiwo has a degree in Pharmaceutical Engineering. Because he was hardly ever being tested at the level he was fighting stopped bothering with taking precautions.
Oh yes Larry, Britain's version of Jarrell Miller, although I don't recall Larry making any excuses or denying the charges like Miller did at first. I didn't know he had a degree though

161 - 180 of 184 Posts