Who takes it?

• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marshall on Points

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
4,650 Posts
Pleased that Shields did not get robbed. Kid had a real hard life growing up tough beginnings. Hopefully she can make some huge pay checks.

Reactions: SimonTemplar

· Registered
4,650 Posts
The IRISH people getting agitated on twitter. Because people are calling Clarissa Shields the GWOAT (Greatest Woman (boxer) Of All Time.

They are like no Katie Taylor is. Lol.

Personally I would vote for Anne Wolfe.

· Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
When those scores were read out the concern on Shield's face as she turned to the MC was telling, she must have heard there was controversy in the scores just before her fight (though I rewatched that including the round I originally missed and had it 95-95 myself).

Then he announced "the GWOAT" and order was restored, 96-94 on my card I thought Shields won every round in the first half and I gave her the 8th too to seal it. A great fight though but at last the business is settled, questions answered and she'll hear about the loss in the amateurs no more.

· Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
This might be the most honest and humble interview given immediately after a loss in a big main event fight that I've seen. Poor Savannah, absolutely devestated as per the video title. The interviewer trying his best to give her excuses but she wouldn't take them instead and I quote "Look I thought she won, I did think she won...........the right woman won" In the ring immediately afterwards Marshall even acknowledged that Shields was the GWOAT.

Gracious in defeat very nice to see, I think that's it for Marshall now but I assume she was paid well for this one. I wish her the very best.

· Registered
4,650 Posts
This might be the most honest and humble interview given immediately after a loss in a big main event fight that I've seen. Poor Savannah, absolutely devestated as per the video title. The interviewer trying his best to give her excuses but she wouldn't take them instead and I quote "Look I thought she won, I did think she won...........the right woman won" In the ring immediately afterwards Marshall even acknowledged that Shields was the GWOAT.

Gracious in defeat very nice to see, I think that's it for Marshall now but I assume she was paid well for this one. I wish her the very best.
Credit to Savannah for her integrity. Despite the leading questions from Kugan of IFL Tv.
But shame Peter Fury did not show the same humility.

According to him " It could have gone either way"... Well it might go either way if she gets a better and more accomplished coach. For the rematch.
Peter Fury seems to get a free pass concerning his limitations as a coach because people are fascinated by his status as a former Crime Boss and Gangster. And legnthy stints in prison.

Very poor tactics for this fight Savannah gave away her height and reach advantages and ended up smothering her own work.

Its time for Peter to take a back seat. And bring in more established coaches to train both his son Hughie and Savannah Marshall.

• Love
Reactions: SimonTemplar
21 - 29 of 29 Posts