• Marshall on Points

Votes: 0 0.0%

Claressa Shields vs Savannah Marshall - 15 October 2022

4K views 28 replies 5 participants last post by  Philly Shell 
#1 ·
This is the rescheduled contest for the undisputed world Middleweight title

See less See more
#3 ·
A great weekend of boxing begins with this one at the O2 Arena in London, Claressa Shields defends her 160lb WBC, WBA & IBF crown against former amateur rival and reigning WBO world champion Savannah Marshall. The two unbeaten fighters will put it all on the line this Saturday night, someone's 0 must go!

#4 ·
Have no idea who Savannah Marshall is, but I hope she beats the crap out of Shields. I've seen Shields fight a few times and if she'd just didn't open her mouth with all that trash talk, she may be more likeable to me, but she can't keep her pie-hole closed and there's no telling what's going to come out of it when it's open.

#6 ·
We seem to share the same perspective, but with different fighters. And speaking of women boxers-----what the hell is up with them only fighting 2 minute rounds.

I have respect for MMA with their women fighters going the same distance as their male counterparts in either 3 x 5 minute or 5 x 5 minute rounds in the big fights.

Only going 2 minute rounds cheapens the sport in my opinion.

#7 ·
I just looked up Marshall's record on BoxRec and she seems to carry some pop to her punches with a 12-0-0 record and 10 of them by KO. Not sure of the quality of opposition she's faced, but that's a nice KO ratio and almost as many KO's as Shields has fights under her belt.

Shields record reflects a boxer with not much power with 12-0-0 and 2 KO's to her credit. Everything else was by decision.

I could only find 2 common opponents with Shields winning by decision and Marshall taking both out by KO.

I'll go against the current here and say Marshall wins--------------------and I hope she does so by brutal KO........

#8 ·
Undercard presser starts at around 37:00. The co-main at roughly 47:00 and the main event presser at exactly 1:03:00.

Shields "I've been better than you since I was 17"
Marshall "Why didn't you beat me then?"
Shields sounding like Det. Carter in Rush Hour "Didn't I win the Olympics?"

#14 ·
A disgusted Mikaela Mayer storms out after suffering her first professional defeat. Boos rang out as the split decision was announced in favour of Baumgardner, I missed one round but if I gave that to Baumgardner too my card would have read 96-94 Mayer. Congrats to the champ anyhow, she's come here twice and done the business now. She's speaking to Sky Sports right now

#16 ·
So Mayers got robbed.? Shields being up against the home fighter will probably get robbed or a victim of the infamous British stoppage.

#15 ·
So she will not give Mayer a rematch, there was a tentative hug after the scores were announced but the champion's confirming now that she will seek out the last remaining strap in the division. I hope the next fight has a clear winner, Shields arrived with Spencer Fearon in a Rolls Royce and a glittering gown but she's now gloved up and ready to go, it's almost time

#20 ·
Boxing scene have Shields 5-1 up after 6.

#21 ·
Pleased that Shields did not get robbed. Kid had a real hard life growing up tough beginnings. Hopefully she can make some huge pay checks.

Reactions: SimonTemplar
#23 ·
The IRISH people getting agitated on twitter. Because people are calling Clarissa Shields the GWOAT (Greatest Woman (boxer) Of All Time.

They are like no Katie Taylor is. Lol.

Personally I would vote for Anne Wolfe.

#24 ·
When those scores were read out the concern on Shield's face as she turned to the MC was telling, she must have heard there was controversy in the scores just before her fight (though I rewatched that including the round I originally missed and had it 95-95 myself).

Then he announced "the GWOAT" and order was restored, 96-94 on my card I thought Shields won every round in the first half and I gave her the 8th too to seal it. A great fight though but at last the business is settled, questions answered and she'll hear about the loss in the amateurs no more.

#26 ·
This might be the most honest and humble interview given immediately after a loss in a big main event fight that I've seen. Poor Savannah, absolutely devestated as per the video title. The interviewer trying his best to give her excuses but she wouldn't take them instead and I quote "Look I thought she won, I did think she won...........the right woman won" In the ring immediately afterwards Marshall even acknowledged that Shields was the GWOAT.

Gracious in defeat very nice to see, I think that's it for Marshall now but I assume she was paid well for this one. I wish her the very best.

#27 · (Edited)
Credit to Savannah for her integrity. Despite the leading questions from Kugan of IFL Tv.
But shame Peter Fury did not show the same humility.

According to him " It could have gone either way"... Well it might go either way if she gets a better and more accomplished coach. For the rematch.
Peter Fury seems to get a free pass concerning his limitations as a coach because people are fascinated by his status as a former Crime Boss and Gangster. And legnthy stints in prison.

Very poor tactics for this fight Savannah gave away her height and reach advantages and ended up smothering her own work.

Its time for Peter to take a back seat. And bring in more established coaches to train both his son Hughie and Savannah Marshall.

• Love
Reactions: SimonTemplar
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.