Boxing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Their now common opponent, Shawn Porter, had this to say about Crawford :

"There's no doubt that man hit me more than anybody I've been in the ring with.

"The fight with Spence Jr which went 12 rounds was not as tough as the fight with Crawford."

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Are we a step closer to getting Crawford-Spence after Crawford defeated Porter?

Spence was there to see it. Though as we saw, there was no ring call out.
We've never been further away. Porter down twice in the 10th, Porter Sr up on the apron waving it off, if Spence Jr didn't fancy it before (and he didn't) this won't have changed his mind.

Crawford is the number 1 welterweight in the world, he's all wrong for Spence Jr and he knows it, James knows it and Al-Haymon knows it too.

The bad news for Spence Jr is that ducking Crawford only leads to Ennis or Ortiz Jr, the only way out is a move to 154 and I wouldn't rule it out if i'm honest.

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
We've never been further away. Porter down twice in the 10th, Porter Sr up on the apron waving it off, if Spence Jr didn't fancy it before (and he didn't) this won't have changed his mind.

Crawford is the number 1 welterweight in the world, he's all wrong for Spence Jr and he knows it, James knows it and Al-Haymon knows it too.

The bad news for Spence Jr is that ducking Crawford only leads to Ennis or Ortiz Jr, the only way out is a move to 154 and I wouldn't rule it out if i'm honest.
Who said Spence didnt fancy it? Spence has been fighting everyone none of these guys are scared of eachother, if Crawford goes to Al Haymon the fight will be made within a year

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,419 Posts
I think that Crawford will take the first big fight he can get so if that's Spence then good, if it's Charlo at 154 or Taylor at 140 that works too. I think he wants legacy fights and he will do whatever he can to get them. Now he is a free agent he will demand whoever he works with does that first before he signs anything, I can see EH going hard to try and set one of those fights up although as none are Matchroom fighters it won't be easy.

·
The World's Great Lover
34,051 Posts
Its Arum that doesn't want this fight, he will sabotge all negotiations.

·
The World's Great Lover
34,051 Posts
Crawford left Top Rank
I thought he reaigned, just looked up now he isnt resigning that is grrat news. I see the fight happening before the end of 2022

·
Registered
14,164 Posts
If they do it in Texas, it'll sell well. This is one fight I'd be willing to pay ringside prices for
If they do it in Texas, it'll sell well. This is one fight I'd be willing to pay ringside prices for
I highly doubt Crawford would fight Spence in Texas and give up all that leverage. That fight would sell well anywhere.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
I don't think Spence wants it at all. The way he stood up, shook his head and walked when Crawford won was disappointing. At the moment he has a reputation of which he is proud, fighting Crawford blows that away. I don't think Spence wants it at all. Would love it to happen but can't see it.

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
So he's essentially pricing himself out of the fight, which means he doesn't want the fight. It should be a 50/50 split, to be fair. As good as Errol is, he's not a worldwide draw. Crawford might be a bigger draw than him.
This was before Crawford stopped Porter and Crawford was with Top Rank it would never happened with Arum involved

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,419 Posts
Just watched EH's Latest IFL interview and he says he aint giving an offer to Crawford as he has no Welterweight fights to offer him and PBC don't like working with him so hard for him to get the Spence fight. Refreshingly honest in my opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts