Boxing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is reported Danny Jacobs and John Ryder are in “advanced negotiations” to meet early in 2022.

Decent matchup IMO.

·
The World's Great Lover
34,096 Posts
Thought danny quit

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Oh no say it ain't so! Great match and opportunity for Ryder but this is awful for Jacobs, imagine having to fight Ryder voluntarily when you've been in with GGG and Canelo, I guess this is what happens when you scrape past Rosado instead of doing what you should have done and beat that man comprehensively but I can forgive him one bad performance, he still won so he shouldn't be relegated to these kind of matchups, he should fight Benavidez or Plant next (if those two won't fight each other that is) and let Ryder fight Morrell Jr or something

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Oh no say it ain't so! Great match and opportunity for Ryder but this is awful for Jacobs, imagine having to fight Ryder voluntarily when you've been in with GGG and Canelo, I guess this is what happens when you scrape past Rosado instead of doing what you should have done and beat that man comprehensively but I can forgive him one bad performance, he still won so he shouldn't be relegated to these kind of matchups, he should fight Benavidez or Plant next (if those two won't fight each other that is) and let Ryder fight Morrell Jr or something
Ryder beat Callum Smith so its not the worst opponent, Jacob's doesnt even throw punches anymore he might get beaten up in this fight

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Ryder beat Callum Smith so its not the worst opponent, Jacob's doesnt even throw punches anymore he might get beaten up in this fight
Yes he did beat Smith and should have been world champion, astonishingly I forgot all about that lol well at least he's fought at world level then I suppose because Jacobs is a former champion and like Ryder was hard done by I feel Jacobs was even more hard done by vs GGG, I thought he won that clearer than Ryder won vs Smith, that was a bad decision. I like Jacobs if this fight happens I got Jacobs by KO but Jacobs vs Smith would have been even better but Smith's moved up now so that's not an option anymore

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Yes he did beat Smith and should have been world champion, astonishingly I forgot all about that lol well at least he's fought at world level then I suppose because Jacobs is a former champion and like Ryder was hard done by I feel Jacobs was even more hard done by vs GGG, I thought he won that clearer than Ryder won vs Smith, that was a bad decision. I like Jacobs if this fight happens I got Jacobs by KO but Jacobs vs Smith would have been even better but Smith's moved up now so that's not an option anymore
Ryder won, Jacobs lost a close fight where he got dropped.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts