Boxing Forums banner

David Price vs Tony Thompson / Washed Up Heavyweight Prizefighter 14 RBR

11K views 296 replies 23 participants last post by  Twelvey 
#1 ·
Liverpool card starts from 7 with Price due on at around 9:30. Anwar-McDonagh follows the main event.

Prizefighter runs from 8pm-11:30pm.

:bbb

#256 ·
I can't help but get the feeling Price is one of those that can beat almost anybody, but also lose to anyone who can land clean against him.

Say what you want about Wlad - at least he fights to protect his weaknesses and to supplement his strengths. Price and his team should have recognised his chin was a bad incident waiting to happen from the start and use Wlad as a huge inspiration and influence in style and preparation.

#260 ·
I can't help but get the feeling Price is one of those that can beat almost anybody, but also lose to anyone who can land clean against him.
Can't agree with that. Price did well in stopping a load of faded domestic guys at best. We've never seen him beat anyone tricky, anyone tall or anyone in form or anything special really. Obviously he was still only a prospect coming through but there's still no signs that he could beat anyone.

Say what you want about Wlad - at least he fights to protect his weaknesses and to supplement his strengths. Price and his team should have recognised his chin was a bad incident waiting to happen from the start and use Wlad as a huge inspiration and influence in style and preparation.
Agree with this though. They (and mainly Frank Maloney here) spent too long slagging Wlad off saying he was boring and that Price is so much more exciting etc. It was nonsense and now they find themselves in a similar position. Well in a worse position because Wlad was at a higher level when he got KO'd.

#261 ·
Can't agree with that. Price did well in stopping a load of faded domestic guys at best. We've never seen him beat anyone tricky, anyone tall or anyone in form or anything special really. Obviously he was still only a prospect coming through but there's still no signs that he could beat anyone.

Agree with this though. They (and mainly Frank Maloney here) spent too long slagging Wlad off saying he was boring and that Price is so much more exciting etc. It was nonsense and now they find themselves in a similar position. Well in a worse position because Wlad was at a higher level when he got KO'd.
Maybe a bit too far, although I did say almost. He has good intangibles in terms of his size, and relatively decent power. I've always felt like he was just a tall person who had to learn how to fight/box, rather than someone who it was an instinct and natural state for. He always looked not just robotic, but like he was going through specific moves he's only learnt through rote - he never looked natural for me.

Then and again, I've never been a fan, and thus I may have been a tad too over critical on him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.