Boxing Forums banner

Chisora vs Pulev II Who Wins & How?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get the hate for this fight Chisora would have streamrolled Kownacki then called for a big fight (which could of been this anyway) so at least hes skipping the easy fight and going straight into a hard fight

If Pulev had a proper camp and rest I would pick him wide UD but Pulev's last fight would be exactly 8 weeks ago on the 9th, not sure he can get away with it at age 41

Parker kept dropping Chisora but they were good uppercuts Parker definitely knew what shot to land but it was sad to see Chisora going down so many times, I pick Chisora stoppage just because Pulev didnt have a good rest but can easily see Chisora getting dropped and stopped or a wide UD again

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
It's because we've seen it before and it wasn't exciting, no one was asking for a rematch all these years later and it's headlining the show I mean....

I'd rather see Chisora vs Babic but nvm, Pulev on points for me

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's because we've seen it before and it wasn't exciting, no one was asking for a rematch all these years later and it's headlining the show I mean....

I'd rather see Chisora vs Babic but nvm, Pulev on points for me
True, but then if Chisora beats Babic the next Chisora fight will become a PPV, if he wins this we will probably get Chisora vs Whyte III so at least Chisora has beat someone decent to earn the next big payday

·
Registered
13,300 Posts
True, but then if Chisora beats Babic..........
I can't imagine that beating the Savage Cabbage would do much for Chisora's career.
Plus, for all of Babic's many flaws, I think he's too strong & too tough for Chisora to bully.

Chisora's done like dinner. Time for the new crop of top HW to get their chances in the limelight.

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't imagine that beating the Savage Cabbage would do much for Chisora's career.
Plus, for all of Babic's many flaws, I think he's too strong & too tough for Chisora to bully.

Chisora's done like dinner. Time for the new crop of top HW to get their chances in the limelight.
You know what Hearn is like if Chisora gets a W against anyone his next fight will be a PPV and Chisora 5.0 is back to win the HW title lol

Saying that I wouldnt mind seeing Joyce vs Chisora if he wins

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,590 Posts
I think Chisora's heart will get him through here, Pulev hasn't look that good in a while and Chisora still uses his relatively limited skill set pretty well.

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Changing my prediction to Pulev stoppage, hes looked confidence and looked loose in the open workout

Chisora came in abit fat and I don't think the ref will let Pulev hold so hes going to have to throw back

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I watched the press conference and the weigh in beforehand but it wasn't until the end of the first round that I noticed Don Charles was back in the Chisora corner and he guided him to victory tonight, a good performance from the Brit, nice consistent work downstairs and plenty of determination to win it, he wouldn't be denied I didn't score it round by round but I'm satisfied with the result having watched in full.

He says he wants Wilder next, I'm sure he'd fight him no problem but Charles knows better than that. A great night for Chisora so pleased for him I hope he soaks it all up and considers retirement once his head clears, the first time I watched him was when he beat Danny Williams at West Ham, that was forever ago now, he's given us some great entertainment since but that's enough now I would have thought.

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
Really didn't care who won. Nice outing for Chisora to stop his 3 fight skid and get the split decision win. Pretty entertaining fight for the most part and it kind of surprised me two old warriors had that much left to put on such a fight.

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cant believe how good that fight was, didnt score round by round but thought Chisora deserved it landed the more eye catching shots, Pulev didnt sit down on his shots too much and Chisora managed to weave and avoid some of them, take away Pulev's clinch and hes not that good

I don't mind seeing Whyte vs Chisora III but it can't be PPV, I don't knoe why he's calling out Wilder id fear for Chisora's life in that fight

·
just loving boxing
142 Posts
Good contest between two aging warriors but the downside is the winner is encouraged to go on. Chisora's opponents need to be carefully chosen or he is going to continue to get messed up.

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,590 Posts
Cant believe how good that fight was, didnt score round by round but thought Chisora deserved it landed the more eye catching shots, Pulev didnt sit down on his shots too much and Chisora managed to weave and avoid some of them, take away Pulev's clinch and hes not that good

I don't mind seeing Whyte vs Chisora III but it can't be PPV, I don't knoe why he's calling out Wilder id fear for Chisora's life in that fight
EH and DAZN won't pull out the PPV for anything less than AJ in the UK or Canelo stateside, it risks ruining there key selling point. Happy to see a third fight with Whyte although he would be the underdog. I wouldn't mind the Wilder Fight either be interesting to see Chisora's body attack style on Wilder, my worry is that Chisora doesn't really have the footwork to be sure that one trick pony doesn't connect at some point. I think he would have an outside chance if he can get up close and work him over early as DW has no boxing skills so if you could hurt him early there is a chance it could work, although I'll admit he has less chance of winning than any of the top guys whose footwork will flummox Wilder.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts