Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kambosos Jr by KO/TKO/DQ

• Kambosos Jr on Points

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
4,651 Posts
GK has been training and sleeping in his gym in Mortdale. He seems to be taking a much quieter, more insular approach this time around.
Who trains Kambosos?
Probably could do with someone like Jeff Fenech or Johnny Lewis on his team.
Sleeping on a mattress in the gym like a fighter from the 1950’s is not going to help.
He needs to practice cutting of the ring closing the distance and make it a close quarters slug fest.To stand any chance.

Reactions: paloalto00

· Registered
48 Posts
GK's trainer earlier in his career was Igor Goloubev, who is Tim Tszyu's uncle and trainer. Later GK was trained by Javiel Centero out of Miami but during the COVID period he was trained by local Mick Akkawy. I think Centero is still his main man.

· Registered
5,675 Posts
Who trains Kambosos?
Probably could do with someone like Jeff Fenech or Johnny Lewis on his team.
Sleeping on a mattress in the gym like a fighter from the 1950’s is not going to help.
He needs to practice cutting of the ring closing the distance and make it a close quarters slug fest.To stand any chance.
This. They both fight the same, hands low while being athletic and fast. He needs to make the fight ugly

· just loving boxing
361 Posts
Haney will be looking to do the exact same thing he did in the first fight and if Kambosos allows him to he is headed for certain defeat. Kambosos needs to throw the rule book away from the first bell and get away with as much as he can to disrupt Haney's rhythm.

· Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I believe this fight is close enough to a sellout. Not many tickets left.
I take it this Rod Laver arena (or whatever it's called) is smaller than the Marvel stadium which hosted the first fight then? Would love to know the capacity of this arena, it's only because I'm obsessed with boxing I'll be watching this again, the first fight was so uncompetitive I'm not holding out much hope for anything more entertaining this time around but we'll see if Kambosos Jr can make the necessary adjustments

· Registered
48 Posts
Marvel is a football stadium and holds about 50,000. The official attendance for the first GK-Haney fight was 41,129 and apart from Horn-Pacquiao is the biggest boxing crowd in Australia perhaps ever.

Rod Laver arena is the venue for the Australian tennis open and has a capacity of about 15,000. For boxing it is a much better venue and unless you are obstructed by corner padding there isn't a bad seat in the house.

· Registered
4,651 Posts

Some years ago I read that a sensational Australian prospect was Manny Pacquaio’s main sparring partner.

So I searched his name on YouTube and came across the above 7 minute documentary. At that time I thought this kid is hungry and determined and definitely going to be a a top contender.

Well reading his recent comments Today it seems the sudden attention and fame after his win over Lopez got to his head and he lost that hunger before the first Haney fight. That’s why he has been keeping a low profile and living in the gym trying to focus.

Hopefully he rediscovers that hunger and comes ready for war. Even if he loses in a courageous effort he will earn a certain respect. The sort of respect Michael Katsidis had for period in time.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts