Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramirez by KO/TKO/DQ

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dmitry Bivol will make the 9th defence of his WBA World Light-Heavyweight title when he takes on his second consecutive Mexican challenger in Gilberto "Zurdo" Ramirez at the Etihad Arena. No not the one in the blue half of Manchester, England, but in the middle east itself.

Another great fight for the 2022 calendar, another undefeated vs undefeated clash, Ramirez the former 168lb champion, Bivol looking to extend his own perfect record to 21-0 in a fight I can't wait to see. I don't know who to pick, probably going to lean toward Zurdo but will hold off a prediction for now.

Cameron vs McCaskill is a great fight too wonderful co-main but I'm concerned at whether we'll get the best Caskiller at 140, we shall see but whatever happens I know she'll be giving her all as usual, a great competitor and champion and this is for all the marbles, the undisputed 140lb championship of the world.

And the return of Kal Yafai at long last, when I saw his younger brother was due on the Eubank Jr vs Benn card I thought about Kal and wondered if he was still boxing so it'll be good to see him back in action I assume (and hope) in a short confidence-builder.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With less than a week to go I am surprised to see the outright betting odds as follows;

Bivol 1/6
Ramirez 7/2

I do expect that to come in slightly come Friday but that win over Canelo I'm sure has helped influence this call

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright I'm going Rakhimov, McCaskill and Ramirez for the wins tonight, 2 of them are underdogs so I'm looking for 2 upset wins

As expected, fight night odds have come in a bit on the champion to retain his title with Bivol now at 1/4, Ramirez the same at 7/2 and the Draw 16/1

Great card tonight and on at a UK friendly time too, good job Matchroom & GBP

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Bivol vs Ramirez has turned out to be one sided.

Ramirez needs a knockout.

Reactions: Philly Shell
1 - 8 of 8 Posts