• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zhilei on Points

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13,300 Posts
"Hrgovic's co-promoter confirms that Tony Yoka has accepted the IBF's invitation to fight him in a final eliminator bout."

Bakole gets screwed again.

Say, maybe Bakole could fight Otto Wallin.
hey could fight for the coveted WSM HW title ! ("World's Shittiest Management")

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
"Hrgovic's co-promoter confirms that Tony Yoka has accepted the IBF's invitation to fight him in a final eliminator bout."

Bakole gets screwed again.

Say, maybe Bakole could fight Otto Wallin.
hey could fight for the coveted WSM HW title ! ("World's Shittiest Management")
Bakole is so bad if Kuzmin came in shape he would have won, at least we are getting a better fight

·
Registered
13,300 Posts
Bakole is so bad if Kuzmin came in shape he would have won, at least we are getting a better fight
Say WHAT?

Bakole would have knocked that pretend medal winner "Tony Joke-a" into Tuesday.

Bakole has a great, fast jab, and he’ll often switch to a lead hook as well.
Excellent defensive footwork, too.
And solid fundamentals.
I love the way he throws that wide right cross, like it was a hook. Plus uppercuts, body shots, all without diverting his eyes much so as not to telegraph them. - And always while keeping his head reasonably back & safe. Nice.

And he has HUGE power. - After he TKO’d Wach in 8 rounds, (2019) Wach told the Polish press that Llunga hit him harder than any other fighter ever. - And that includes Povetkin and Wlad.

He’s not flashy, not super fast on his feet, but like Golovkin, he’s a relentless stalker with solid power, who stands in the pocket & uses excellent head slips to avoid / negate punches. Also like Golovkin, he throws punches from lots of angles. You can see him thinking in there, all the time.

Also FWIW, Bakole was Usyk's main sparring partner in preparing for the AJ fight. - And previously to that year, he was a sparring partner for AJ, in several camps. I think both of those teams know what they're doing.

Also FWIW, both AJ and Peter Fury have said that they think Bakole will be the next unified HW champion.
----------------------

As for his loss to Hunter, Bakole's right shoulder tore around the 8th round, leaving him literally with only his left hand. The fact that it took Hunter 2 more rounds to KO him says a lot about Bakole's defense. (And his astonishly dangerous jab.)

As for his gassing vs Kuzmin, that was a pandemic situation. Bakole hadn't fought for 13 months, he was probably having trouble training like everyone else, and the bout was scheduled at the last minute.

So if all you've seen of Bakole are his bouts with Kuzmin & Hunter, then you have no idea how good he is.
--------------------------------------

Bakole's big negative is a questionable gas tank. This was especially evident against kuzmin: Bakole looked great for a few rounds, throwing fast, aggressive combos, but by round 8 he looked totally gassed, and was hanging on for dear life. Not good….

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Martin Bakole has informed the IBF that Tony Yoka is under contractual obligation to fight him next and so is requesting that their invitation to him to enter talks with Hrgovic be withdrawn.

The IBF will apparently make a final decision by the end of the week. I sincerely hope Bakole hasn't botched this fight, no one wants to see Bakole over Hrgovic and Takam was meant to be the original Yoka opponent anyway so why is he getting emotional? He can fight someone else, why doesn't he fight Zheili or something for crying out loud.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Martin Bakole has informed the IBF that Tony Yoka is under contractual obligation to fight him next and so is requesting that their invitation to him to enter talks with Hrgovic be withdrawn.

The IBF will apparently make a final decision by the end of the week. I sincerely hope Bakole hasn't botched this fight, no one wants to see Bakole over Hrgovic and Takam was meant to be the original Yoka opponent anyway so why is he getting emotional? He can fight someone else, why doesn't he fight Zheili or something for crying out loud.
UPDATE: The IBF rule in favour of Martin Bakole and withdraw the offer to the Frenchman. The Croatian national will now need to wait even further for an opponent to be found. Contrary to what I was reporting earlier in this thread, it's Joe Joyce who gets next refusal, Kabayel sits behind Joyce in the rankings, I assumed Joyce wouldn't be offered it since he's almost mandatory for Usyk already but the IBF of course have their own business and it's right that the Juggernaut is given the opportunity.

Once he refuses as I expect him to do, Kabayel will then be offered the fight and it is him whom I expect to take it and end up in the ring with Hrgovic. What a saga this is, I hope Yoka knocks Bakole spark out.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So it is reported that Agit Kabayel has inexplicably turned down the IBF offer to enter negotiations with Hrgovic, I can't find more info on that yet but when I do I'll put it up, that man better have just had a major surgery or a family tragedy, that's the only way this makes sense but I'll keep an eye open for more news.

And so a desperate IBF have now offered the fight to it's next TWO ranked fighters and they have until tomorrow night to respond. Former Cruiserweight champion Murat Gassiev and the former Heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz Jr are the guys we're waiting to hear back from now. We will turn to Prince Charles Martin next who just lost by TKO if neither of these two fancy it.

From what I understand, Joy Joyce was not offered the fight at all, I can only speculate that this is because he's already in position with the WBO to face the IBF champion so long as both belts remain with one man

·
Registered
13,300 Posts
So it is reported that Agit Kabayel has inexplicably turned down the IBF offer to enter negotiations with Hrgovic,

I'm telling you, nobody wants to fight Hrgovic because he's a serial rabbit-puncher, and somehow get away with it in every fight.

Permanent brain damage is just not worth it. - And I'm not being hyperbolic. Htgovic should be banned from the sport, and every ref that's worked his fights so far should be in prison.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Andy Ruiz Jr and Murat Gassiev have rejected the offer from the IBF to face Filip Hrgovic in a final eliminator according to journalist Dan Rafael.

I am understanding now that because Charles Martin lost his last fight he'll be passed over and so unbeaten Australian Demsey McKean will be offered it next and then Zhang Zhilei will be asked the question. I said a few posts ago I didn't expect Zhilei to get the chance but I never imagined we'd get this far down the list. The good news is that the unbeaten Chinese heavyweight has already said that he'll take the fight so barring something extraordinary these two should be the last to receive a fight offer. If McKean accepts then he'll fight Hrgovic as he's the higher ranked of the two but I doubt he'll take it at this point.

Apparently Joe Joyce wasn't offered the fight because he is injured, not because of his WBO ranking as I suggested before and Agit Kabayel already has a fight signed with Captain Huck for the EBU so that's why he didn't take it so that's fair enough, we already saw what happened with Yoka.

So the next post I make on this thread will almost certainly be to confirm we have a fight (at looooooooong last).

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
And there we have it, this mess is concluded at last. True to his word the Chinese Olympic silver medallist accepts the IBF offer to enter immediate negotiations with Filip Hrgovic in a final eliminator for the world heavyweight title. The offer was made after Australia's Demsey McKean declined the offer (as expected).

So we've literally gone from King Kong ranked #2 all the way down and outside the top 10 to find Big Bang waiting in 13th spot in order to get past this first hurdle, Hrgovic no doubt raring to go, unfortunately this isn't the most competitive of fights on paper but we really just want this part out of the way so that we know who's fighting Usyk or Joshua when the mandatory comes around, if I recall correctly the IBF mandatory is next in the rotation (effectively there's only 2 rotations since the WBA regular champion is the one who has to field all the mandatory's for that organisation but at some point he is meant to get his shot to but I can't tell you the last time the WBA saw to this).

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Filip Hrgovic vs Zhang Zhilei goes down on May 7th at the T-Mobile Arena in Vegas and will also be the first ever event to be broadcast on DAZN PPV. The split is 60/40 to Hrgovic.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts