Boxing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Friendly Troll
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Period. End of. I dont like the dude but you gotta admit this after last night. Didnt see the fight yet but laugh at people that are so salty that Floyd won and how Floyd won like, every fight he fought post-140 basically? Stands and fights like he did Maidana 1, Mosley & Cotto he has no legs. Boxes ears off while mobile like Alvarez he's running he cant win. Funny how Cotto might have been more competitive but again didnt see the fight yet.

I tip my hat off to both guys and dont think a rematch will happen but dont care to here excuses. Thought this fight would be somewhat competitive but Floyd found a way to win wide it seems. Dont like either boxer but I preferred Pacquiao to win but he didnt and I'm the first one at the table eatin crow lol.

BTW, instead of worrying who would beat him appreciate that he did beat the best opponent in his era that he could've and enjoy him while he's here because he damn sure wont be replicated. Both great fighters but it was Floyd's night.

TBN, FLLLLOOOOYYYD "Money", Maaaaaaayweeeather!

· The Innovative Savant
10,967 Posts
Cotto(e) was more competitive

for this reason:
I'm voting Miguel. An educated swarmer can be challenging for Floyd from 1-12. imo Floyd figures out emmanuel better than he did Miguel.

· Registered
3,464 Posts
this era's not that weak. his record is extraordinarily deep. and u have to remember that he's fought in two eras. i hope he fights stinky old danny garcia next. he's a respectable name, isnt he?
Nah, relax. Garcia is damaged goods after the beatings he received in 4 of his last 5 fights. Anybody with a pulse can beat him right now, and he should have at least 1 loss in his record. He needs to that a long 2 year sabbatical to heal his body and relinquish the belts.

· Let's Go Champ
6,111 Posts
It can be done. We are just in a weak era where are a lot of fundamentals have been forgotten.
Forgotten? It isn't like boxing is thousands of years old and went through a dark age where all records were lost and old skills disappeared from living memory never to be rediscovered. If old methods are no longer being used I suspect that's because they weren't worth much in the first place and didn't survive the development of the sport over the decades

· The Innovative Savant
10,967 Posts
this era's not that weak. his record is extraordinarily deep. and u have to remember that he's fought in two eras. i hope he fights stinky old danny garcia next. he's a respectable name, isnt he?
Dani has looked like a declining force lately.

Keith 1 TIME on the other hand is rising

· Registered
2,853 Posts
Nah, relax. Garcia is damaged goods after the beatings he received in 4 of his last 5 fights. Anybody with a pulse can beat him right now, and he should have at least 1 loss in his record. He needs to that a long 2 year sabbatical to heal his body and relinquish the belts.
yeah, but it's not like he's gonna beat the shit out of him. he'd make a lot of money.

· The Innovative Savant
10,967 Posts
floyd deserves an easy fight, man. that thurman's hungry as fuck and he's crazy. playing the flute with birds and shit.
Timmeh would also be easy and much more credible than DANI at this stage

although I'm unsure if bop would be coo with having another one of his best welters losing to Shaheed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.