Boxing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would have won? I think Floyd had too much skill for Khan.

I've heard people say that "Floyd would have had trouble against Khan! Khan's only lost by KO, and Floyd can't punch!". Since when do you need to be a hard puncher to hurt Khan? Limond, Gomez, Diaz and Vargas all dropped or hurt Khan, and those guys couldn't crack an egg if they threw one against the wall.

"Prescott and Garcia knocked Khan out, and they were hard punchers!".

Except neither Prescott nor Garcia knocked out anyone of note after knocking Khan out.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
If he landed on Khan what he landed on Hatton it would have been all over. I know "styles make fights" and blah blah blah but if we look at who Khan couldn't beat then I don't see how anyone thinks he would have beaten Mayweather Jr, I got a WIDE decision win for the American at anytime after he became "Money". PBF inside the distance.

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
As much as I can't stand Mayweather, he'd have an easy day against Khan. Canelo KO'd Khan in brutal fashion and Floyd beat Canelo easily with his great defensive skills. Every Khan fight I've ever seen had him starting off flashy, good footwork, quick punches, etc., but then getting caught with good counterpunches that often had him stepping in post holes. He didn't stay sharp throughout the entire fight against elite fighters, and Floyd is an elite fighter.

Floyd is just too slick.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
The version of Khan that fought Collazo and Devon Alexander. Would have put up a very good effort against Floyd Mayweather that is the older version of Mayweather.

Floyds punching prowess deteriorated due to chronic hand injuries. In the latter years of his career. Most of his fights went the distance. From what I recall he only had 2 kos after his fight his fight with Hatton. A sucker punch against Victor Ortiz and an exhausted Conor Mcregor.

After his fight with Zab Judah Floyd never fought the jab and run type of fighters. Preferred fighters to come at him then those who would jab and move. And him having to be the aggressor.

Just like Judah...Khan would have most likely lost a decision after a having good early start.

Floyd was on a different level amongst the best of the best in history.

Khan was a good few rungs below on the same level as a Zab Judah.

·
The Anti-Bully
13,579 Posts
Khan should never be mentioned in the same breath as Floyd. Wtf.

·
Coming for Ernies Chon Chon
15,914 Posts
Khan would be even during the first 4 rounds but Khan was just too easy to time. Guys would look overwhelmed early but once they figured out his combinations it was too easy to hit him.

I generally believed Khan threw the same combos in the ring as he did on the heavy bag. That’s why guys would be like 1-2-1-2-1-2 oh ok he’s gonna throw this and catch as he was in the middle of a combo and he would be out.

Floyd would set a trap and lure Khan in and hurt him. I don’t know about a KO but it would be a punishing fight for Khan

·
The World's Great Lover
34,210 Posts
2 rounds khan would win, adter the 2nd floyd would have his timing down, noticed that he doesnt move his head, change his pumch speed, or have much creativity and would start taking his jab away and touching the body and taking rounds. Khans dumb ass would get reckless trying to turn the tide and ealking into a counter and be put to sleep or stunned so bad he couldnt continue.

Reactions: MichiganWarrior

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
Delete this thread before this place turns into ESB

The Khan that stopped Judah is the same Khan that lost to Peterson and got ktfo by Garcia, Judah folded under the pressure

The Khan that beat Collazo is the same Khan that lost 4-5 rounds against Algieri and Collazo walked after him with his hands down

Floyd would counter Khan to death with the right hand Khan would be rocked multiple times and maybe stopped

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think much of Virgil Hunter as a trainer. I think he got lucky when he discovered a generational talent in Andre Ward.

Khan under Roach is the only version of Khan that MAYBE has a chance against Floyd, just because of his ambushing style. Even then, I just can't see him winning. Khan just wasn't defensively responsible enough to beat Floyd.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I don't think much of Virgil Hunter as a trainer. I think he got lucky when he discovered a generational talent in Andre Ward.
I'm not big on him either and I too think Ward would have been just as great if trained by someone else. But the praise Ward gave to Hunter has to be taken into account and if you remember or rewatch the first Kovalev fight you saw or will see Hunter deliver the pep talk of his career after his fighter returned to the corner having suffered what I think was just his second knockdown in the pro ranks.

Also, following JB's recent points win he was on camera disagreeing with him saying he isn't ready for a world title challenge next and needs another fight first. I thought he was quite right and his honesty even though he knew JB was saying the opposite was nice to hear.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I honestly have no idea why there are people who think Khan is some master boxer who's impossible to outbox. Khan's ring IQ and footwork are TERRIBLE.

And Garcia, Brook and Crawford were able to time Khan, but Floyd, who has the best timing I've ever seen, wouldn't because, reasons, I guess.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts