Boxing Forums banner

Who wins?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Tap ya foot on the ground
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over at the scene.

Hearn said a sit down with Arum is set for next Tuesday to talk about the possibility.
Really hope this fight gets made. Guaranteed action-packed fight.

G

·
Fantastic. I would 100% be in attendance for that.

I think Froch stops him in a similar fashion to how he did against Bute

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks this doesn't sell as a PPV?
Chavez JR's stock has fallen in the States and Froch is the guy who got schooled by Ward and a win over a relative nobody isn't going to change that.

If this does 200k buys then I will be suprised (Bradley-Marquez did 375k and Chavez (Undefeated) vs Sergio Martinez did 475k.

G

·
Chavez JR's stock has fallen in the States and Froch is the guy who got schooled by Ward and a win over a relative nobody isn't going to change that.

If this does 200k buys then I will be suprised (Bradley-Marquez did 375k and Chavez (Undefeated) vs Sergio Martinez did 475k.
At the boxing office it has but that could have a lot to do with him fighting Brian Vera twice. His viewing figures are still very high.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
At the boxing office it has but that could have a lot to do with him fighting Brian Vera twice. His viewing figures are still very high.
Agree but Kovalev and GGG did 1.3 and 1.2 respectively on HBO but I guess the fact that JCC has a country behind him makes him favourable and he's already headlined a PPV.

Also UK PPV can add some significant revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
P4P Star
10,261 Posts
When has he faced an aggressive big puncher above 160?
He's not but that doesn't mean he won't be able to. If his chin had doubts over it at 160, fair enough, but he has always shown to be extremely tough and I see no reason why that'll change at 168. Froch is the much smaller man too, so it's not like Chavez is facing someone bigger and stronger than him. Chavez has an excellent chin and whilst Froch is a solid puncher, I don't think he'll wobble Chavez once never mind knock him out.

·
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I disagree. His stock as a legitimate elite guy took some hits but I think his money-making power went up. The Vera fights were very fan friendly so I doubt he lost too many people willingly to pay to see him fight. Froch is a bigger cash cow than Martinez and arguably has a bigger profile in the US. Martinez was THE middleweight champion but Froch is the number 2 supermiddleweight so it's also a pretty appealing matchup. I think it does very good numbers, similar to Chavez-Martinez's 500k.

·
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fantastic. I would 100% be in attendance for that.

I think Froch stops him in a similar fashion to how he did against Bute
I'm going with Froch decision. Chavez is one of the most sturdy fighters in boxing today and I think Froch will respect his power and body shots and not get too reckless. Though, if Chavez doesn't train properly again Froch could drown him in the late rounds.

G

·
I'm going with Froch decision. Chavez is one of the most sturdy fighters in boxing today and I think Froch will respect his power and body shots and not get too reckless. Though, if Chavez doesn't train properly again Froch could drown him in the late rounds.
Who has Chavez proven that against?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.