Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
21,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking forward to this. For all the pros and cons of the tournament and the participants it always entertains me.

Sosnowski, Meehan, Johnson and Dallas have already been confirmed.

Anyone else looking forward to this? Or not?

·
Registered
21,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard something about him pulling out but he's still on the list on the website so who knows?

Anyone have any idea who else is gonna be in it? Hearn said Rogan had been sent an invitation a few weeks ago....

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Yes, I'm proper looking forward to this. I have cooled on Prizefighter, recently, they haven't really captured my interest, but this has a good few names at a similar level. I'll definitely be watching, am looking forward to hearing the rest of the names. Could see a career or two end, I'm thinking.

·
Registered
21,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As has been said before it's gonna be full of heavyweights in the last chance saloon. I love that! 8 hungry guys out to set the record straight, yes please.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I have a feeling Kingpin might just jab his way to 3 boring decisions. He's shit to watch but I genuinely think he's a much higher class than Sosnowski, Dallas and co. I suppose it depends who the rest of the names are mind you.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
I agree he is at the highest level but every time I read his name I always think of the Vitali performance, its put a bit of a downer on the whole prizefighter, I don't really want to watch it.

·
Registered
23,541 Posts
I have a feeling Kingpin might just jab his way to 3 boring decisions. He's shit to watch but I genuinely think he's a much higher class than Sosnowski, Dallas and co. I suppose it depends who the rest of the names are mind you.
:deal If Hearn wants an exciting night, he needs to tell Johnson to sling his hook.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i really thought i would never see tom dallas box again....i'd love to know how he really mentally feels about boxing....because that last fight was just sad to watch in a few different ways
Absolutely agree. Thought the Skelton fight was his way of saying he's done with boxing. His confidence must be shot to shit, and going in with a bunch of guys who have been around the block a few more times and operated at higher levels is not going to help him IMO. He's not crafty enough to be a journeyman, and he doesn't even look like he enjoys it so I'm not sure what he is in the game for.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went to the one at the York Hall that Sprott won beating Skelton in the final, it was a great night atmosphere wise but the boxing was poor.

·
Villan
12,455 Posts
I think I read that the full line-up is being announced today...

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
So did anyone see the full lineup for this, was it announced today? I haven't seen anything, but apologies if I have been looking in the wrong places.

·
Registered
17,509 Posts
Eddie's apparently still waiting on one final confirmation from America... watch this space. I'm sure that CheckHookBoxing will have the news up shortly after it breaks :deal

·
Registered
250 Posts
Chuck Skelton in so he can repeat that marvelous hammer fist of doom KO on Dallas again. Funniest KO I've seen in a while.

Trying to think who could be in, maybe Solis :deal

·
Registered
142 Posts
I doubt Solis would risk being in it but he did say he wanted to fight more often so he wasn't so fat. Also his tremendous amateur pedigree would stand him in very good stead for a thee round contest

·
Registered
22,444 Posts
Mike Perez should get back in it seen as though he wasted the win last time around. maybes he can learn from his mistakes, or his promoters or whoever else didn't capitalise

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
here's the line-up...

http://www.prizefighter.co.uk/news/maurice_harris_completes_betfair_prizefighter_international.htm

"Maurice Harris, Noureddine Meddoune, Marcelo Luiz Nascimento, Tor Hamer and Tom Little complete the line-up for the Betfair Prizefighter International Heavyweights II on Wednesday June 20 at York Hall, Bethnal Green, live on Sky Sports.

The quintet join former World title challengers Kevin 'Kingpin' Johnson and Albert Sosnowski and Kent's Tom Dallas in the 25th edition of Matchroom Sport's eight man, one night tournament."

1 - 20 of 37 Posts