Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I presume all you fanboys assume this is a genuine offer. It is clear to me that this is just another PR stunt as he know AJ isn't in a place to accept the fight and even if AJ was crazy enough to accept, the terms would be beyond awful. I doubt AJ or EH will even respond as it's such transparent trolling it's unreal. But what can you expect from that POS....

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
AJ's chances at a big payday are slipping away after those last 2 losses to a guy who was a light-heavyweight not long ago. Of course Fury is posturing and his camp knows AJ is not going to step into the ring with the Gypsy King and likely get KO'd for that effort, further diminishing his future earning potential with big fights.

Say what you want about the guy, but that POS, as you call him, has beaten everybody he's faced and that one draw on his record is suspect since I feel he did enough in the first Wilder fight to get the nod. That late, 12th round knockdown gave the judges just what they needed to secure a draw, if not for that, it would have been an outright robbery.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I presume all you fanboys assume this is a genuine offer. It is clear to me that this is just another PR stunt as he know AJ isn't in a place to accept the fight and even if AJ was crazy enough to accept, the terms would be beyond awful. I doubt AJ or EH will even respond as it's such transparent trolling it's unreal. But what can you expect from that POS....
Fury is obviously living rent free in your head. The gullible are like putty in his hands.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AJ's chances at a big payday are slipping away after those last 2 losses to a guy who was a light-heavyweight not long ago. Of course Fury is posturing and his camp knows AJ is not going to step into the ring with the Gypsy King and likely get KO'd for that effort, further diminishing his future earning potential with big fights.

Say what you want about the guy, but that POS, as you call him, has beaten everybody he's faced and that one draw on his record is suspect since I feel he did enough in the first Wilder fight to get the nod. That late, 12th round knockdown gave the judges just what they needed to secure a draw, if not for that, it would have been an outright robbery.
AJ's chances are over, no way he gets a big payday. He could be in a big fight and get screwed financially with Fury if he was stupid but he aint getting paid again, the other side has all the leverage and Fury is just calling him out to be a Dick so he can say AJ chickened out etc. He talks all this mental health Bullshit and then deliberately tries to destroy other peoples for nothing but his own amusement.

If I have said it once I have said it a thousand times, Fury's resume is shite, he has only beaten a unmotivated, lethargic WK in one of the worst spectacles in World Heavyweight title fight history and then the most technically inept champion in a generation. I accept AJ is a busted flush but at least his record has more decent fighters on it. Fury HAS to fight Usyk and win to have any chance of calling himself the best of this generation as only fanboys believe the crap he has beaten so far is good enough to win any accolades.

p.s. Not only was it a long count in the first Wilder fight but any other fighter would have been stopped with that cut against Wallin but we can't have the little fairy tale destroyed by following the rules.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
AJ's chances are over, no way he gets a big payday. He could be in a big fight and get screwed financially with Fury if he was stupid but he aint getting paid again, the other side has all the leverage and Fury is just calling him out to be a Dick so he can say AJ chickened out etc. He talks all this mental health Bullshit and then deliberately tries to destroy other peoples for nothing but his own amusement.

If I have said it once I have said it a thousand times, Fury's resume is shite, he has only beaten a unmotivated, lethargic WK in one of the worst spectacles in World Heavyweight title fight history and then the most technically inept champion in a generation. I accept AJ is a busted flush but at least his record has more decent fighters on it. Fury HAS to fight Usyk and win to have any chance of calling himself the best of this generation as only fanboys believe the crap he has beaten so far is good enough to win any accolades.

p.s. Not only was it a long count in the first Wilder fight but any other fighter would have been stopped with that cut against Wallin but we can't have the little fairy tale destroyed by following the rules.
Ew...so salty.

·
Registered
13,411 Posts
Fury's resume is shite, he has only beaten a unmotivated, lethargic WK in one of the worst spectacles in World Heavyweight title fight history and then the most technically inept champion in a generation. I accept AJ is a busted flush but at least his record has more decent fighters on it.
Like who?

39 y-o Pulev?
Shot-to-shit Povetkin?
"Hasn't looked good in ten years" Parker? (Who lost to Ruiz, BTW.)
Eric Molina?

GTFOOH ......

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
Might be time for AJ to cash out. He’s been outboxed 3 times now by smaller men. If he can’t make the Wilder fight I don’t see anyone else but Fury.

I don't keep up with their purses for the fights they've had, but I'm sure he's a multi-millionaire now and should have no problem living a very comfortable life outside the ring. I'd think he probably has enough money to not need to work again in his lifetime if he invests and budgets wisely--------but it's pretty much general knowledge that boxers don't have much sense when it comes to financial planning for their futures.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Might be time for AJ to cash out. He’s been outboxed 3 times now by smaller men. If he can’t make the Wilder fight I don’t see anyone else but Fury.
Cash out? Why do you think Fury would possibly offer him anything close to a sensible split? AJ has made £100m+ and has been very careful with it (unlike most boxers) so why would he accept a offer that will be designed to belittle and insult him as though he is desperate. It's all part of Fury's picking on a Broken man, despite claiming to be MH advocate he is a just a Bully.

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
Cash out? Why do you think Fury would possibly offer him anything close to a sensible split? AJ has made £100m+ and has been very careful with it (unlike most boxers) so why would he accept a offer that will be designed to belittle and insult him as though he is desperate. It's all part of Fury's picking on a Broken man, despite claiming to be MH advocate he is a just a Bully.

You're talking like you already know what the offer would be. Right now you are just making assumptions.

Oh, and boxing is as much a mental game as it is a physical one. Just look at how Ali did opponents in his career. He got so far into Liston's head he rendered him ineffective----and that was just the beginning of his head games with big name opponents.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're talking like you already know what the offer would be. Right now you are just making assumptions.

Oh, and boxing is as much a mental game as it is a physical one. Just look at how Ali did opponents in his career. He got so far into Liston's head he rendered him ineffective----and that was just the beginning of his head games with big name opponents.
No way Fury isn't going to try and use his position to extort unfavourable terms, from his position he thinks he doesn't need the fight and he thinks AJ is desperate (As I say I don't think AJ needs the fight financially and I doubt he would think this would be a good time for it which is exactly why Fury has offered it now.) Maybe I'm wrong and AJ will act stupidly from a pride point a view and except a pittance for the opportunity but I would be amazed if EH let that happen.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts

Fury has offered AJ 60/40 split. Seems fair on face value.

But in anycase it’s seems all like a bit of gamesmanship I would genuinely be surprised if this fight happens in December.

Hearn will respond and say it’s not a concrete offer.

Fury will then call out Andy Ruiz jr who is already pencilled in to fight a Wilder next year.

Then Fury will claim everyone is ducking him and fight Manuel Charr who he was calling out on Social Media last week.

Fury is a master of mind games and trolling.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Fury has offered AJ 60/40 split. Seems fair on face value.

But in anycase it’s seems all like a bit of gamesmanship I would genuinely be surprised if this fight happens in December.

Hearn will respond and say it’s not a concrete offer.

Fury will then call out Andy Ruiz jr who is already pencilled in to fight a Wilder next year.

Then Fury will claim everyone is ducking him and fight Manuel Charr who he was calling out on Social Media last week.

Fury is a master of mind games and trolling.
Perfect summary of all of his BS.

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
Perfect summary of all of his BS.

IF, and that's a big IF, this is a legit offer then AJ would be stupid to pass it up regardless of what he, or Hearn think of his "Legacy". in the sport. The guys lost 3 out of his last 5 fights and his marketability is fast going downhill. It could work out to one last big payday and call it a night on his career in boxing. Go off and live the easy life with all his millions.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
IF, and that's a big IF, this is a legit offer then AJ would be stupid to pass it up regardless of what he, or Hearn think of his "Legacy". in the sport. The guys lost 3 out of his last 5 fights and his marketability is fast going downhill. It could work out to one last big payday and call it a night on his career in boxing. Go off and live the easy life with all his millions.
Yeh I agree, if this was genuine it would be the perfect retirement fight. If they put this in Saudi and likely charge £30 PPV they will probably still make at least £150m overall so 40% of that is £60m which is more than AJ could make from the next 10 fights, given he has no legacy now anyway he doesn't have anything to lose and obviously there is still a small chance he could win. I still expect it to fall apart and to be a more elaborate troll from Fury but you never know...

1 - 20 of 320 Posts