Boxing Forums banner
141 - 160 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
You are the one who seems to consistently take things too far.

Since when is it appropriate to wish death on other posters? Let alone their families?
Nope wrong, I only respond after I have been attacked first. It's very simple stay civil and there will be no problem, don't come crying to me if you treat me like shit and I fight back.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
I don't have the time or inclination to go back through hundreds of posts to see all the shit that is thrown at me. (Feel free too!) It's very straightforward be civil and there is no problem, I don't start fights with people for no reason but it you attack you can't expect me to cower in the corner. It's all down to other people being civil so stop pointing the finger at me when I'm not the instigator.

·
new sensation
468 Posts
I don't have the time or inclination to go back through hundreds of posts to see all the shit that is thrown at me. (Feel free too!) It's very straightforward be civil and there is no problem, I don't start fights with people for no reason but it you attack you can't expect me to cower in the corner. It's all down to other people being civil so stop pointing the finger at me when I'm not the instigator.
So nobody here has ever wished death on you or your family then? Thought that would be the case.

How about we put it to the test and I report your posts where you have wished death on other posters and their families? See what the mods think about it?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
So nobody here has ever wished death on you or your family then? Thought that would be the case.

How about we put it to the test and I report your posts where you have wished death on other posters and their families? See what the mods think about it?
People have consistently attacked me on here and you are now choosing to side with them despite their despicable behaviour. You can side with someone who is trying to have a debate or you can choose to side with people who attack people for fun.

·
new sensation
468 Posts
People have consistently attacked me on here and you are now choosing to side with them despite their despicable behaviour. You can side with someone who is trying to have a debate or you can choose to side with people who attack people for fun.
You are the one who takes it too far. I'll put it to the mods. See what they think. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
He is keeping the place active at least. most of the old posters have disappeared in the last couple of years. And not many people posting it seems.
Not sure I count as an old poster, but I'm certainly earlier than some, and the flipside to your point is that any thread he participates in becomes so unpleasantly toxic - and his vitriol backed by so much assumption and so little fact - that I tend not to participate if he is active in a thread, in part owing to the toxicity and in part owing to the fact that anything I might say would be disregarded in any case. So whether the forum makes a net participation profit on letting it continue is debateable.

I appreciate that I broke my 'don't post in a thread where he's active' point 1 in posting this reply to you, but I trust you will give me a pass as I'm addressing that one point then exiting stage left once more! You're right, though, in your implication that there has been a very sad slump in this place over the past couple of years. I miss it :-(

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Not sure I count as an old poster, but I'm certainly earlier than some, and the flipside to your point is that any thread he participates in becomes so unpleasantly toxic - and his vitriol backed by so much assumption and so little fact - that I tend not to participate if he is active in a thread, in part owing to the toxicity and in part owing to the fact that anything I might say would be disregarded in any case. So whether the forum makes a net participation profit on letting it continue is debateable.

I appreciate that I broke my 'don't post in a thread where he's active' point 1 in posting this reply to you, but I trust you will give me a pass as I'm addressing that one point then exiting stage left once more! You're right, though, in your implication that there has been a very sad slump in this place over the past couple of years. I miss it :-(
Well you are an older participant then most of us including myself.
Shame this place has become almost derelict compared to years past.

Probably has to do with the management on here prematurely announcing they were going to be shutting down. Which led to most posters going elsewhere.

Having visited most types of forums, from Martial arts to athletics to cricket. I find it strangely odd that there is little regard for decorum on the boxing forums. Some of these boxing forums are complete nut houses, with every other post filled with hate, profanity, and graphic sexualised ponderings and insults..

Reactions: SimonTemplar

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Well you are an older participant then most of us including myself.
Shame this place has become almost derelict compared to years past.

Probably has to do with the management on here prematurely announcing they were going to be shutting down. Which led to most posters going elsewhere.

Having visited most types of forums, from Martial arts to athletics to cricket. I find it strangely odd that there is little regard for decorum on the boxing forums. Some of these boxing forums are complete nut houses, with every other post filled with hate, profanity, and graphic sexualised ponderings and insults..
Yes - was comparing myself to the old ESB emigrés - I was of middling age there, but joined here in the first burst of breakaway.

Is this one still shutting down? I thought it was now staying, but I lose track.

Agree, I'm on various other fora from trading to cars to gaming to various others and nothing beats a boxing forum for random salt. It's almost a state of mind with some posters, before they even read a post which might set them off.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Yes - was comparing myself to the old ESB emigrés - I was of middling age there, but joined here in the first burst of breakaway.

Is this one still shutting down? I thought it was now staying, but I lose track.

Agree, I'm on various other fora from trading to cars to gaming to various others and nothing beats a boxing forum for random salt. It's almost a state of mind with some posters, before they even read a post which might set them off.
No that’s was over a year and a half ago. First they announced they were going be shutting down then quite a few weeks afterwards they had a second announcement and said they would remain open. Problem is by the time second announcement came along stating the forum would remain open most participants had already gone elsewhere.

Which is a shame some very Knowledgable e posters used be here.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·

It's sad that you feel that way, I have had some healthy and enjoyable conversations in here with those who are willing not to attack me. I don't know why it appears so many are unwilling to accept those with differing views without turning it into an opportunity to Bully or having a slanging match.

141 - 160 of 263 Posts