Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Frank Warren, Tyson Fury will not fight Dillian Whyte next. Warren says Whyte’s issues with the WBC are not resolved and with a hearing set to be heard in March this means negotiations for a Fury-Whyte fight can't be finalized until after that. It also means a Fury-Whyte fight probably can't take place before April/May.

Warren insists Fury needs to be back in the ring in by March and is planning for Fury to fight someone else.

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,484 Posts
This makes no sense, why would the WBC order a fight if there are unresolved issues? Sounds to me like Fury trying to wiggle out of it to me.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This makes no sense, why would the WBC order a fight if there are unresolved issues? Sounds to me like Fury trying to wiggle out of it to me.
Quit telling people you have them on ignore and continue to read everything they post. It is a dead set give away when you quote them though, like you have again here, you absolute numbskull.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Its simple Fury is not motivated for anyone thats not AJ or Usyk I doubt he can even be bothered to train for a Whyte fight

After Whyte pulled out against Wallin and turned down an Ortiz eliminator years ago its karma, I'd laugh if they ordered Whyte vs Ortiz (after he beats Martin for the WBC shot)

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its simple Fury is not motivated for anyone thats not AJ or Usyk I doubt he can even be bothered to train for a Whyte fight

After Whyte pulled out against Wallin and turned down an Ortiz eliminator years ago its karma, I'd laugh if they ordered Whyte vs Ortiz (after he beats Martin for the WBC shot)
I think you are correct. Fury's focus is on winning all the belts and he wants Usyk.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
I think you are correct. Fury's focus is on winning all the belts and he wants Usyk.
Before the Wilder trilogy he said he would fight Whyte after but after the way he got knocked down twice and took some punishment I think he wants the big fights then out the sport

·
1,484 Posts
Quit telling people you have them on ignore and continue to read everything they post. It is a dead set give away when you quote them though, like you have again here, you absolute numbskull.
Will you stop saying this everytime I post. Maybe I said that and forgot to do it but I have got people on ignore, if I feel the need I will do it.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will you stop saying this everytime I post. Maybe I said that and forgot to do it but I have got people on ignore, if I feel the need I will do it.
I will continue to say it every time you quote me or post in my threads you lying piece if shit.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Posters who make a big deal out of claiming they have someone on ignore only to renege on it by secretly still reading what they claim they aren't are just plain insecure. Though they claim they can do without reading the other person's posts the truth is they can't. Insecurity just doesn't allow them to.

Sums you up. What a fraud.

·
delivering the truth
622 Posts
You read all my posts too despite claiming to have me on ignore you lying little troll

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Does anybody even know what this case Whyte has against the WBC consists of?
My understanding is that he wants more than the default purse split for mandatory challengers which I keep hearing is 20% but if I remember rightly from my read of the rules a couple of weeks back it's actually 30% but Whyte is looking for the 45% that the WBC rules say can be granted in certain circumstances such as when the challenger is a high-value one. The WBC aren't willingly exercising their discretion to vote on if it should be 45% so he ran to court.

If it is 20% and not 30% then going court makes sense but if it's 30% he's being greedy, when you're the challenger 30% has to do.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My understanding is that he wants more than the default purse split for mandatory challengers which I keep hearing is 20% but if I remember rightly from my read of the rules a couple of weeks back it's actually 30% but Whyte is looking for the 45% that the WBC rules say can be granted in certain circumstances such as when the challenger is a high-value one. The WBC aren't willingly exercising their discretion to vote on if it should be 45% so he ran to court.

If it is 20% and not 30% then going court makes sense but if it's 30% he's being greedy, when you're the challenger 30% has to do.
If the WBC rules state it is "up to the WBC 's discretion", it is up to the WBC's discretion and if the WBC have chosen not to up the challenger's split, which it seems they have, it is the WBC rules Whyte is challenging in court.

Fury wants to fight Usyk. That has been clear from the outset and I can't see him giving Whyte a dollar more than he has to.

This has reached an impasse and if it drags on until March and beyond who could blame Fury for talking another fight? If Whyte genuinely wants this fight he should agree to the terms and get on with it.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
If the WBC rules state it is "up to the WBC 's discretion", it is up to the WBC's discretion and if the WBC have chosen not to up the challenger's split, which it seems they have, it is the WBC rules Whyte is challenging in court.

Fury wants to fight Usyk. That has been clear from the outset and I can't see him giving Whyte a dollar more than he has to.

This has reached an impasse and if it drags on until March and beyond who could blame Fury for talking another fight? If Whyte genuinely wants this fight he should agree to the terms and get on with it.
Exactly he turned down £5m for the chance to replace Miller not because he didn't have enough notice but because he felt he was worth more money and now he's digging his heels in here because he feels he's worth more than the mandatory split, his main argument is that he's the interim champ and he's a PPV star so he's a high-value challenger worthy of the 45% but I understand this is discretionary now they used their discretion to give Shawn Porter 45% against Spence Jr so you can see why Whyte might feel aggreived but at this point he just needs to have his first world title shot even if that means taking less than he feels he's worth.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Oh and let me explain this bit too, if the rules say it's 20% and not 30% (later I'll check so we know what it is for certain) then it's worth going to court from a DW pov because the fight will sell well (in the UK he's a bigger draw than Fury) and he stands to more than double his purse if he wins the case but for the sake of a possible extra 15% I would have thought the delay and risk of Fury vacating didn't make as much sense so he should just take his opportunity now.

I'm not sure how he can have a case in court anyway but no doubt they'll be looking at what the WBC did for Porter who wasn't interim champion and asking why the same isn't being done for him.

·
1,484 Posts
20% or 30% is BS for Whyte he has been the clearly the biggest HW attraction without a Belt for the last 3-4 years. I think 55/45 is fair but I would accept 60/40 if I were him but any less is worth fighting for this could well be his biggest payday and if he loses (I think this is a 50/50 fight personally as I'm not wedged up Fury's ass like the rest of you) then he is unlikely to get any other big fights after. Treating Whyte like Wallin or Schwartz is pretty disrespectful but given the WBC's previous behaviour (And Fury's general odious personality) it doesn't surprise me.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
OK so it's 20% for the challenger unless he wins in which case it's 30%. Here are the WBC rules (on this issue) in full

2.16 Division of Proceeds in a Purse Offer. The net purse offer (after deduction of all sanction
fees payable to the WBC hereunder) shall be divided as follows:
(a) first, 10% of the total shall be set aside as a bonus for the winner of the contest,
then, of the remainder,
(b) 70% of the remaining 90% shall be for the champion and 30% of the remaining
90% shall be for the challenger in title bouts; and
(c) 50% of the remaining 90% to each contender in the case of vacant titles or
elimination bouts;
provided, however, that the WBC Board of Governors, may by a majority vote, authorize a
modification of the division of purse offer proceeds between boxers in a purse offer in
particular cases, such as consideration of outstanding marketing value of one of the boxers,
as the WBC shall determine in its sole discretion. The modification of the split of the
remainder shall be limited to 60-40% and 55-45%, except in the most exceptional
circumstances, in which the split may be modified to 50-50% at the WBC's sole discretion

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
20% or 30% is BS for Whyte he has been the clearly the biggest HW attraction without a Belt for the last 3-4 years. I think 55/45 is fair but I would accept 60/40 if I were him but any less is worth fighting for this could well be his biggest payday and if he loses (I think this is a 50/50 fight personally as I'm not wedged up Fury's ass like the rest of you) then he is unlikely to get any other big fights after. Treating Whyte like Wallin or Schwartz is pretty disrespectful but given the WBC's previous behaviour (And Fury's general odious personality) it doesn't surprise me.
If you had me on ignore like you claim you have you wouldn't even be able to see this thread, let alone post in it.

Such a phony. Such a liar.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK so it's 20% for the challenger unless he wins in which case it's 30%. Here are the WBC rules (on this issue) in full

2.16 Division of Proceeds in a Purse Offer. The net purse offer (after deduction of all sanction
fees payable to the WBC hereunder) shall be divided as follows:
(a) first, 10% of the total shall be set aside as a bonus for the winner of the contest,
then, of the remainder,
(b) 70% of the remaining 90% shall be for the champion and 30% of the remaining
90% shall be for the challenger in title bouts; and
(c) 50% of the remaining 90% to each contender in the case of vacant titles or
elimination bouts;
provided, however, that the WBC Board of Governors, may by a majority vote, authorize a
modification of the division of purse offer proceeds between boxers in a purse offer in
particular cases, such as consideration of outstanding marketing value of one of the boxers,
as the WBC shall determine in its sole discretion. The modification of the split of the
remainder shall be limited to 60-40% and 55-45%, except in the most exceptional
circumstances, in which the split may be modified to 50-50% at the WBC's sole discretion
So Whyte gets 20% for showing up and a further 10% if he wins. For a guy who has already been knocked out twice, most recently only two fights ago and turned down previous opportunities to fight for a title, he should be thankful he is getting that much.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts