Boxing Forums banner

Who Wins?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Bill Haney and Ben Davison both denied entry to Australia, Haney Sr due to time served on a drug charge 30 years ago, I haven't been able to find out yet why Davison isn't allowed in and so anyway the father and former trainer of Zab Judah will take up the reigns for the WBC Lightweight Champion next weekend. Yet another handicap for the travelling Devin Haney but will he overcome is the question, can't wait to find out.
Brings my piss to a boil thar our moronic immigration mob are still holding something from 30 years ago against Bill. As if people don’t make mistakes and can’t change. It’s absolutely nonsense.

But people have got to let go of this “Haney is handicapped” notion. It sucks he hasn’t got his dad but acting as if him travelling down under is something extreme and worthy of praise for just that alone is ridiculous!

Kambosos has spent the best part of 4 years straight on the road with little acknowledgment. Some of the stuff you read on IG etc makes it seem as if Haney is slaying giants just by travelling outside of his postcode.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
If the fight was won or lost in press conferences then Kambosos Jr just scored a KO

You think? I’ve been loving Kambosos’ confidence so far and thought he was flawless on the mic against Lopez, at thatconference though… seemed a bit douchy to me.

The rat stuff was a poor man’s version of Conor McGregors rat stuff which was far from his best.

It’s clear as day why Haney would have always been cheering for Kambosos if you ask me. Of course he did whatever he could to help him get a win

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
From Kambosos Jr's entrance to the face off I was observing Haney and to me he looks like someone who knows he's all alone in hostile territory, it's easy to give an interview in Vegas and say it'll be water off a duck's back but now he's arrived and Kambosos Jr isn't playing nice or even neutral, instead opting to go on a verbal offensive from the off I think has rattled Haney expecially as he's without his father and head trainer.

Haney's sparring partners will have an eye on him now too, running back to Team Kambosos reporting on Lopez's personal life without even having been asked isn't a good look afaic, sounds like a gossiping female
I hope you are right, but I disagree. Haney seems to be handling it all well to me. More has been made out him travelling than it really is if you ask me.

It’s good a bit of differing views on it all though. Makes it more interesting.

I’m a fan of Haney, In any other fight I’d be fully backing him. But I’m also a big Kambosos fan and my desire to see the belts stay down under is more than what I wanting to see Haney get a W

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
I still think Loma is the best in the division, but a torn rotator cuff isn't something you come back from quick.....or at all
Styles make fights and I think Kambosos could offset a lot of the things Loma does so well. His biggest problem with Haney was he couldn’t get past his jab. I don’t imagine he’d have the same difficulty with Loma as he’s shorter and would have to get in. Kambosos throws fast combos well when he can get in range. I think he’s be able to do that against Loma. He’d be physically stronger and hit just as hard if not harder than Loma.

But yeah, feel free to call me crazy haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts