Boxing Forums banner

Who Wins?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I have to do what I rarely do, and disagree with you. :) :cool:

Kambosos isn't afraid to exchange, and at a high rate, so sometime it looks like he's taking a lot of punishment. - But he isn't. He has REALLY good head slips, almost Canelo-level. Watch the Lopez fight again. Teo scored points, but he landed very few meaningful shots.

Also, Kambobos has lightning-fast hands, so if he can keep up a high output for the whole fight (which is the big question) then I think Haney will have trouble landing many serious bombs.

I definitely think this one goes to the cards, though I have no idea who will win. (Corrupt judges notwithstanding.)
Kambosos was wobbled a few times against Lopez, even though Lopez is the harder puncher, I think Haney is good enough to capitalize. I'm actually rooting for Kambosos, he's a scrappy little shit

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I think Haney might stop him, I was watching the highlights back every single right hand Lopez threw landed clean or nearly Kambosos had no defense for it at all, his chin held up well for the most part

Haney might be able to break him down and land clean but then when Haney gasses Kambosos has a chance to do damage im not sure it goes the distance
He's the weakest in the division imo, but I would love to see him beat Haney

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Haney has never given me "slick" vibes. He reminds me of those dudes at the gym that walk around sith imaginary lats. His whole stance is of someone who is a big puncher, which he is not

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I'm on ketamine and I was fucking so I didn't have the best view of the fight. Here are my takes, basically carbon copies of eachother. Haney being the better copy, Loma whoops them both and shakur could outbox haney if he moved up

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I agree, Kambosos is a solid fighter but workman like and not got the standout skills to beat Haney, Loma, Tank etc. He only beat Lopez because Lopez was so arrogant he assumed he would just KO him in one round and when he couldn't wasn't ready with a plan B. Assuming the contract is water tight, I would expect to see the rematch in Oct/Nov but I can't see any way GK can change the outcome. It was good business for him tho to ensure 2 good paydays to set him up for life.
If Kambosos turns it into a fight, he could possibly win. Haney looked visibly uncomfortable in the glimpses it got sloppy. Other than that, I don't see him beating haney, tank, Loma, nor Lopez

1 - 8 of 8 Posts