Boxing Forums banner

Who Wins?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Not interested in a rematch, haney is better, period.
I agree, Kambosos is a solid fighter but workman like and not got the standout skills to beat Haney, Loma, Tank etc. He only beat Lopez because Lopez was so arrogant he assumed he would just KO him in one round and when he couldn't wasn't ready with a plan B. Assuming the contract is water tight, I would expect to see the rematch in Oct/Nov but I can't see any way GK can change the outcome. It was good business for him tho to ensure 2 good paydays to set him up for life.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I agree, Kambosos is a solid fighter but workman like and not got the standout skills to beat Haney, Loma, Tank etc. He only beat Lopez because Lopez was so arrogant he assumed he would just KO him in one round and when he couldn't wasn't ready with a plan B. Assuming the contract is water tight, I would expect to see the rematch in Oct/Nov but I can't see any way GK can change the outcome. It was good business for him tho to ensure 2 good paydays to set him up for life.
I recall you giving Kambosos no chance against Lopez. ;)

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
If Kambosos turns it into a fight, he could possibly win. Haney looked visibly uncomfortable in the glimpses it got sloppy. Other than that, I don't see him beating haney, tank, Loma, nor Lopez

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
I still think Loma is the best in the division, but a torn rotator cuff isn't something you come back from quick.....or at all
Styles make fights and I think Kambosos could offset a lot of the things Loma does so well. His biggest problem with Haney was he couldn’t get past his jab. I don’t imagine he’d have the same difficulty with Loma as he’s shorter and would have to get in. Kambosos throws fast combos well when he can get in range. I think he’s be able to do that against Loma. He’d be physically stronger and hit just as hard if not harder than Loma.

But yeah, feel free to call me crazy haha

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I hope he doesn't invoke the rematch clause (though from his pov there's no reason not to). We'll never know if Haney would have perfomed the same without his father and head coach as Bill Haney arrived in Melbourne at the 11th hour to take charge of the corner and guide his son to victory.

Not the most entertaining fight to watch but congratulations to Devin Haney who went from the "email champ" to now the undisputed Lightweight champion of the world, no more ridicule from here on out!

Still he has to do it again but I think it's safe to say he will and comfortably. I changed my pick from Haney to Kambosos Jr after the press conference but then I couldn't get back here in time to change it back after I saw he missed weight lol that was a red flag.

At the end of the day if they fought ten times Kambosos Jr would lose each fight I'm sure, back to obscurity it is unless he can overcome the odds and regain the titles in November. Will always remember his win over Lopez Jr though, that no one can take away from him.

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
Styles make fights and I think Kambosos could offset a lot of the things Loma does so well. His biggest problem with Haney was he couldn’t get past his jab. I don’t imagine he’d have the same difficulty with Loma as he’s shorter and would have to get in. Kambosos throws fast combos well when he can get in range. I think he’s be able to do that against Loma. He’d be physically stronger and hit just as hard if not harder than Loma.

But yeah, feel free to call me crazy haha
Loma would stop Kambosos would be brutally one sided, Loma would beat Haney too maybe a late stoppage a jab isnt enough to beat a healthy Loma

41 - 53 of 53 Posts