Boxing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
21,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's going on with this Donaire fight? Thoguht it was pretty much made but now it's not happening?
"Top Rank sent a contract for the [Donaire] fight, which my advisers are reviewing, but I've made it clear to Top Rank that I want the legal problems between my promoter, Caribe Promotions, and Top Rank, to be resolved before the fight. I want the legal case between the two companies to be resolved." - Rigondeaux.

I think he just wants to make sure he doesn't end up not having the fight or being sued in the build up to it. It's not like he's going to avoid a career high pay day of $750,000 and the fight he's been chasing for years.

· Registered
21,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I''m saying he better make sure he gets as much as he can for fighting Donaire, since he's going to lose badly and then he'll have nowhere to go.
That's fair enough that you think Donaire will beat Rigo, I disagree. However, I don't get what you mean when you say he'll have nowhere to go. Donaire is p4p number 2 on my list. If Rigo loses to Donaire then that doesn't exactly mean he's over. I'd still fancy him to beat Moreno, Mares and every other fighter in the division. I'll gladly break down my opinion on each of the fights. Are you suggesting Donaire will ruin Rigondeaux or that he's a hype job who will lose as soon as he steps up against anybody considered world class? (mares, moreno etc)

· Formerly TommyV, resident ESB virgin.
6,770 Posts
To settle it: Rigo vs Vic, winner gets Donaire. mmmmmm.
Rigo-Vic is an equally pointless fight at this point, although it's a name and the best win on his record if he's the victor. But should still be a walkover for Rigo; Vic is done.

Donaire's next two fights will be Vic Darchinyan and the Terrazas/Mijares winner (particularly if it's the latter), book it in already. We'll see if he ends up fighting either Rigo or Mares later on in the year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.