Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The World's Great Lover
34,250 Posts
Why would a heavyweight in a open class be on the p4p list.

Hw has no weight minimum nor weight limit. No one competing in that division should be on a p4p list.

Also why are so many big guys in it?

Haney is right though, ever since golden boy bought it, the ring has been worthless.

·
The World's Great Lover
34,250 Posts

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
Beiterbeiv, usyk, and bivol.
And you don't think any of those 3 deserve to be on a P4P list??????

Beterbiev is undefeated, all by KO as a light-heavy, Usyk humiliated a former heavyweight champion TWICE in a row and Bivol derailed Canelo, who was going through the ranks of middleweight and super middleweight champions like they were bad sparring partners.

·
The World's Great Lover
34,250 Posts
And you don't think any of those 3 deserve to be on a P4P list??????

Beterbiev is undefeated, all by KO as a light-heavy, Usyk humiliated a former heavyweight champion TWICE in a row and Bivol derailed Canelo, who was going through the ranks of middleweight and super middleweight champions like they were bad sparring partners.
Beterbiev is great, but the bigger you are thr less p4p consideration you should have. Imho.Same with Bivol.

Canelo has a trash rrcord 160 and up, so beating him at lt heavy means nothing to me and in general i have little respect for canelo and his cherry picking ways ehich is ehy i wouldnt rate him on a p4p list at all.

Usyk is a hw fighter you him being a he titlist alone is enough praise.

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
Beterbiev is great, but the bigger you are thr less p4p consideration you should have. Imho.Same with Bivol.

Canelo has a trash rrcord 160 and up, so beating him at lt heavy means nothing to me and in general i have little respect for canelo and his cherry picking ways ehich is ehy i wouldnt rate him on a p4p list at all.

Usyk is a hw fighter you him being a he titlist alone is enough praise.

You've lost your fucking mind.....

Canelo has a trash record 160 and up???? He's fought 11 opponents in that weight class and up, beaten 10 of them and their combined record is 339 wins, 10 losses and 2 draws. How in the hell is that a trash resume????

Beterbiev has KO'd everyone put in front of him. That is the epitome of P4P in everyone's eye----obviously besides you.

Usyk jumped from Lightheavy to Heavyweight and won 2 easy decisions against one of the top former champions of his time in Joshua.

P4P is not reserved for guys welterweight and under exclusively.

·
The World's Great Lover
34,250 Posts
You've lost your fucking mind.....

Canelo has a trash record 160 and up???? He's fought 11 opponents in that weight class and up, beaten 10 of them and their combined record is 339 wins, 10 losses and 2 draws. How in the hell is that a trash resume????

Beterbiev has KO'd everyone put in front of him. That is the epitome of P4P in everyone's eye----obviously besides you.

Usyk jumped from Lightheavy to Heavyweight and won 2 easy decisions against one of the top former champions of his time in Joshua.

P4P is not reserved for guys welterweight and under exclusively.
lol.

Canelo at 160 stole two fights from Triple G, literally stole them.
Stole a fight from Lara
and beat JCC Jr, Liam Smith, shot to hell Angulo and shotter to hell Kirkland.
The only good fight you can say he arguably won, even though I don't think he won, was Danny Jacobs. Thats his only decent win at 160.
Keep in mind while at 160 he refused to fight either charlos, Andrade,

Now he moves up and fights a half retired Kovalev, but refuses to fight any of the young lt heavys calling him out.
He moves to super middle and fights nobodies like Billy Joe and Plant, guys everyone knew had no chance ignoring AGAIN that Boo Boo came up and had a belt at 168 and was again calling him out.
Notice he ignored Beterbiev, and Ramirez and thought he was getting a soft touch with Bivol and Bivol just exposed and outboxed his ass.

He knew he would get the same in a rematch, so he slinking back to GGG because he sees he is even older and thinks a win here might make people forget about those 2 blatnant robberies he got the first two.

So nah, Canelo has been shit at 160 and up.

Have have no problem with Bivol or Beterbiev as fighters, I like them a lot. They are too big to be ranked in the P4P listings imho.
Usyk is a heavyweight champion, that alone is praise, he is a belt holder in the open division, no need for any p4p accolades.

P4p is for 160 and below in myopinon, the smaller guys, bigger guys don't need the spot light and praise their dominance in their division is praise enough.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
lol.

Stole a fight from Lara
The only good fight you can say he arguably won, even though I don't think he won, was Danny Jacobs. Thats his only decent win at 160.

Now he moves up and fights a half retired Kovalev, but refuses to fight any of the young lt heavys calling him out.
He moves to super middle and fights nobodies like Billy Joe and Plant, guys everyone knew had no chance ignoring AGAIN that Boo Boo came up and had a belt at 168 and was again calling him out.
Notice he ignored Beterbiev, and Ramirez and thought he was getting a soft touch with Bivol and Bivol just exposed and outboxed his ass.

He knew he would get the same in a rematch, so he slinking back to GGG because he sees he is even older and thinks a win here might make people forget about those 2 blatnant robberies he got the first two.

Have have no problem with Bivol or Beterbiev as fighters, I like them a lot. They are too big to be ranked in the P4P listings imho.
Usyk is a heavyweight champion, that alone is praise, he is a belt holder in the open division, no need for any p4p accolades.

P4p is for 160 and below in myopinon, the smaller guys, bigger guys don't need the spot light and praise their dominance in their division is praise enough.
Terrance Crawford is no doubt, the number 1 pfp fighter in the world.

Canelo won both fights.

Usyk's work at Cruiseweight is legendary. Then him moving up and beating one of the best heavyweight of this era I believe solidified his standing on pfp list. But still, I don't think he ranks over Crawford.

Lomachenko on that list and and Heanny not is politics and a joke to the legitimacy of the list itself. Lomachenko has always been overrated and got no business on that list after L he took against Lopez and not doing shit since then.

Inoune is overrated. Number 2 pfp my ass.

The list is a joke. Heanny should have thrown that belt in the trash ala Riddick Bowe.

·
Registered
14,386 Posts
lol.

Stole a fight from Lara

I disagree. RJJ, Michael Spinks or Evander Holyfield were not P$P material? OG Ward doesn't? Usyk cleaned out the Cruiserweight division, and he has been good at HW. I wouldn't put him as high as he is on the list, but he deserves his accolades. Beterbiev deserves to be on the list too.

·
The World's Great Lover
34,250 Posts
I disagree. RJJ, Michael Spinks or Evander Holyfield were not P$P material? OG Ward doesn't? Usyk cleaned out the Cruiserweight division, and he has been good at HW. I wouldn't put him as high as he is on the list, but he deserves his accolades. Beterbiev deserves to be on the list too.
Too big imho.
Only time rjj should have been on the list and rightfully is when he beat bhoo and toney at 160.

Again im not knocking anyone accomplishment, except canelo, but being a titlist or undisputed at a higher weight is celebration enough, p4p is to give the small guys shine

·
Registered
14,386 Posts
Too big imho.
Only time rjj should have been on the list and rightfully is when he beat bhoo and toney at 160.

Again im not knocking anyone accomplishment, except canelo, but being a titlist or undisputed at a higher weight is celebration enough, p4p is to give the small guys shine
Roy beat Toney at 168.

Canelo has a very good resume, he should not go any higher than 168, though. We cannot say he's ducked anyone except maybe Benavides when you think of all the styles he has beaten, you cannot question his heart or skills. The only reason he lost to Bivol is because Bivol is naturally much bigger than him. But at least he had the balls to fight him.

The little guys get enough shine.

·
The World's Great Lover
34,250 Posts
Roy beat Toney at 168.

Canelo has a very good resume, he should not go any higher than 168, though. We cannot say he's ducked anyone except maybe Benavides when you think of all the styles he has beaten, you cannot question his heart or skills. The only reason he lost to Bivol is because Bivol is naturally much bigger than him. But at least he had the balls to fight him.

The little guys get enough shine.
You are right, still RJJ i'll give him 160 being on the P4P rankings, Bhop as well.
Toney is a ATG to me but never should have been high on the P4P rankings due to his size.

Canelo has a lot of good names on his resume, you look at the blatant robberies though and the quality goes down.
Can't give him props for fighting a WW for the MW title.
Floyd was a good fight, but he lost.
Angulo, Kirkland were names far far past their best.
He lost to Lara, period. IMHO.
I think the judging in the Trout fight was corrupt, the open bad judging made Trout fight in a more aggressive manner that led to his knockdowns and he still outboxed him IMHO.

That said at super welter and 160 he got fixed decisions on the best Lara and GGG, and ducked his peers in Boo Boo, Charlos. He does have Jacobs though. i'll give him that win.
168 sorry but nothing but faded names, no hopers, and paper cahmps.

Bivol beat him because he outboxed him, same way Lara did to be honest. He isn't a master technician in the ring.

Small men get fame to us fans, but to the casuals, they don't know about INoue, they don't know about Donnaire, Rigo, Loma, Haney, Chocalitito, Arce, and etc. Most can't tell you about Morales, Barrera, JMM, Rafa, or Vasquez. Thats why they are the ones in those smaller weight classes that need the praise and validation from the P4P lists, not the big guys who people are more aware of. IMHO

·
Registered
14,386 Posts
You are right, still RJJ i'll give him 160 being on the P4P rankings, Bhop as well.
Toney is a ATG to me but never should have been high on the P4P rankings due to his size.

Canelo has a lot of good names on his resume, you look at the blatant robberies though and the quality goes down.
Can't give him props for fighting a WW for the MW title.
Floyd was a good fight, but he lost.
Angulo, Kirkland were names far far past their best.
He lost to Lara, period. IMHO.
I think the judging in the Trout fight was corrupt, the open bad judging made Trout fight in a more aggressive manner that led to his knockdowns and he still outboxed him IMHO.

That said at super welter and 160 he got fixed decisions on the best Lara and GGG, and ducked his peers in Boo Boo, Charlos. He does have Jacobs though. i'll give him that win.
168 sorry but nothing but faded names, no hopers, and paper cahmps.

Bivol beat him because he outboxed him, same way Lara did to be honest. He isn't a master technician in the ring.

Small men get fame to us fans, but to the casuals, they don't know about INoue, they don't know about Donnaire, Rigo, Loma, Haney, Chocalitito, Arce, and etc. Most can't tell you about Morales, Barrera, JMM, Rafa, or Vasquez. Thats why they are the ones in those smaller weight classes that need the praise and validation from the P4P lists, not the big guys who people are more aware of. IMHO
I THOUGHT GGG beat Canelo in the first fight, but I thought Canelo edged the second fight, but it could have gone either way. I thought Lara and Trout edged Canelo too, but it could have gone either way.
Boo Boo couldn't draw flies with a shit cake. And Charlo wasn't ready when Canelo was a MW.
BJS is a good scalp at smw. So was Plant.

·
The World's Great Lover
34,250 Posts
I THOUGHT GGG beat Canelo in the first fight, but I thought Canelo edged the second fight, but it could have gone either way. I thought Lara and Trout edged Canelo too, but it could have gone either way.
Boo Boo couldn't draw flies with a shit cake. And Charlo wasn't ready when Canelo was a MW.
BJS is a good scalp at smw. So was Plant.
lol, okay Boo Boo can't draw, but he was there calling him out and winning. What more can he do ?
BJS and Plant were title holders, no one will say they are great fighters.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts