Boxing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
18,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Degale fighting in Hull in a few weeks against a Frenchmen isn't he?
Frenchman in january, the dec 8th card opponent hasnt been names, Galahad on the card too.
And I saw the reports about anderson manager but they were 5 or 6 days before this was posted and apparently they agreed to the fight knowing the European title wouldn't be on because the ebu wouldn't sanction it, maybe it's been agreed?

· CHB Overlord
26,241 Posts
De Gale better hope not, he'd get starched

· Registered
18,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Eddie Hearn saying he will add another fight to the Dec 8th card after Murray pulled out.

This?
Unlikely as degale is scheduled to fight on a hennesy card on the same date with Galahad.
Hennesy needs an attraction like degale on his card more than Hearn needs Anderson
Whether that makes sense or not I don't know haha

· Registered
837 Posts
Degale gets seated in this and it's a fucking good fight. I called this after the Groves fight. Groves did Smith and I said Degale should fight Anderson, I hope and pray it comes off cos it really is a good fight.

Anderson by early stoppage (under 4 rounds) could happen if he gets close and bullies Degale. Best thing Degale can do is keep him at range and box him, if he does I have a wide UD but I defo can't see him hurting Kenny like Groves did.

Groves gets hurt but can war it through and pulls out a win. Degale hands on for dear life in a war and he may just have another if this fight happens.

· CHB Overlord
26,241 Posts
Anderson would wife that ****** De Fail

· Villan
12,455 Posts
European super middleweight champ James DeGale will likely face Colombia's Fulgencio Zuniga on December 8 in a non-title bout.

European super middleweight champion James DeGale had to scramble to find a new opponent after Kenny Anderson fell out for a December 8 fight, and Corey Erdman reports on Twitter that Fulgencio Zuniga will likely be the replacement.

Zuniga (25-6-1, 22 KO) is a stereotypical Colombian puncher, short on craft but with some power. He's dangerous, but also not dangerous, so to speak. He's lost just about all of his fights against notable opposition, with defeats at the hands of Daniel Santos, Kelly Pavlik, Denis Inkin, Lucian Bute, Tavoris Cloud, and most recently, Thomas Oosthuizen. Zuniga was downed by Oosthuizen via decision on November 10 in South Africa, so he'd be making a quick turnaround here.

His most recent win came in July, when he knocked out high-ranking similarity score opponent Alejandro Berrio in seven rounds. He also has wins over David Lopez, Antwun Echols, Victor Oganov (ending Ogano's undefeated run), and Jose Luis Zertuche.

Without question, DeGale (13-1, 9 KO) will be the heavily favored fighter, and a loss would be a huge blow for him at this point. He'll be expected to win. The bout would be non-title, as Zuniga isn't European and all that, but DeGale does have an agreement to defend his title on January 26 against Mouhamed Ali Ndiaye. DeGale last fought on October 13, beating Hadillah Mohoumadi in his first fight under the Hennessy Sports banner after splitting with Frank Warren.

Channel 5 will broadcast DeGale's bout on December 8.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/11/...nent-replacement-fulgencio-zuniga-boxing-news

· Registered
4,090 Posts
Anderson is still trading on a couple of rounds against Groves in a fight that was made late.

He was dreadful against Reid.

I see nothing in him.
I don't rate him that highly, either, he has a bit of a dig but I don't see him getting world titles or anything - I just really don't rate DeGale, either, and think that he believes his own press a little too much, so if these two thought he might take it lightly and struggle again.

· Registered
8,147 Posts
I don't rate him that highly, either, he has a bit of a dig but I don't see him getting world titles or anything - I just really don't rate DeGale, either, and think that he believes his own press a little too much, so if these two thought he might take it lightly and struggle again.
I'm not sold on Degale either, and if he fought like he did last time out, sitting against the ropes taking punishment then Anderson would have him out of there.

I'd hope his brains too clever for that though and that he'd box. He'd bo ok then.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.