Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
The guys a total head case, so who knows. It would not surprise me either way. He's still the champ and that makes him in line for another very healthy payday if he decides to defend or consolidate the titles.

I don't see any current fighter beating him with his size, awkward style and ability to take a hell of a punch unless he just flat doesn't train like he should and gasses.

Whether he does or doesn't fight again isn't going to cause me to lose any sleep. One thing I know in my almost 70 years of living and watching fights for as long as I can remember, fighters come and go, and do so for a huge variety of reasons.

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,590 Posts
Fury will be back if he sees a fight he thinks he can win for big money, which is obviously the AJ fight, I doubt he takes on Usyk as it's not as lucrative and its way more risky.

·
Registered
13,300 Posts
Fury will be back if he sees a fight he thinks he can win for big money, which is obviously the AJ fight, I doubt he takes on Usyk as it's not as lucrative and its way more risky.

I don't disagree, but if Usyk beats AJ again, and then immediately starts calling out Fury, I don't think Fury's ego would let him back down.

Of course the money issues might stop the fight anyway, and DAZN would do everything possible to protect their new-but-aging cash cow, but I think Fury would have the balls to take the fight.

- And I can absolutely see Usyk calling out Fury. He's not going to want Wilder, that's for sure. Hrgovic, for all his talent, is a cheating, rabbit-punching POS. No fighter (still) in his right mind should get in the ring with him. IMO, he shouldn't even have a boxing license.

So .......

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fury thinks he can beat anyone and rightfully so.

Not sure Usyk would give Fury any more trouble than AJ would but agree the money would be less.

·
1,590 Posts
Fury thinks he can beat anyone and rightfully so.

Not sure Usyk would give Fury any more trouble than AJ would but agree the money would be less.
Fury is an arrogant ass who hasn't beaten anyone decent (bar an unmotivated WK), Usyk is on a different level compared to Deontay "Worse footwork than a 10 year old" Wilder so Fury won't risk his very undeserved "reputation" for a single mid level pay day.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fury is an arrogant ass who hasn't beaten anyone decent (bar an unmotivated WK), Usyk is on a different level compared to Deontay "Worse footwork than a 10 year old" Wilder so Fury won't risk his very undeserved "reputation" for a single mid level pay day.
Fury is the best heavyweight in the world and no amount of hate from you will change that.

Wilder probably beats the gun shy AJ too.

·
just loving boxing
142 Posts
I have long suspected you are just a troll. After reading that I have no doubt.

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
Same here.

In fact, that's pretty much my attitude towards the entire sport at this point.

Well, there's still some very good talent out there to keep an eye on is how I see it. Errol Spence, Keith Thurman, the Charlo's, Tank Davis, Teofimo Lopez, Canelo, Bivol, etc., etc., etc.

I'm not giving up on boxing, but I find I do not look at a lot of fights that I don't know much about the opponents, and by doing that I'm likely missing out on some up and coming guys with a future. When, and if they get to that championship level, I'm sure I'll see them fight.

·
Registered
12,508 Posts

This is a sad take. Yeah, I knew Wilder had a lot of faults as a fighter as mentioned: His awful footwork, windmill punches, coming off his feet throwing said windmill punches and looking like a schoolgirl fight, pulling straight back when being pressed with his chin up--------, yeah, lots of faults.

I'll also agree Usyk is on a different level than Wilder as far a boxing ability and ring smarts, but to think it would be a risk for Fury to fight Usyk is ludicrous at best. Fury KO's the guy inside 8 as he's simply too damn big, awkward and punches from all angles.

·
1,590 Posts
Fury is the best heavyweight in the world and no amount of hate from you will change that.

Wilder probably beats the gun shy AJ too.

I have long suspected you are just a troll. After reading that I have no doubt.
Well it's clear you are both too thick to see through that BS he and his team have made up, any impartial look at his record shows he has no right to be considered the best until he beats the winner of Usyk/Joshua at least. But feel free to keeping sucking him off, you both clearly enjoy it.

·
1,590 Posts
This is a sad take. Yeah, I knew Wilder had a lot of faults as a fighter as mentioned: His awful footwork, windmill punches, coming off his feet throwing said windmill punches and looking like a schoolgirl fight, pulling straight back when being pressed with his chin up--------, yeah, lots of faults.

I'll also agree Usyk is on a different level than Wilder as far a boxing ability and ring smarts, but to think it would be a risk for Fury to fight Usyk is ludicrous at best. Fury KO's the guy inside 8 as he's simply too damn big, awkward and punches from all angles.
I'm not saying it is impossible for Fury to beat Usyk (although I would have Usyk as a strong favourite) but don't be stupid Fury is not a KO fighter against anyone decent. What I am saying is why would he risk his reputation given he has convinced all the plebs (including most of the people on this site) that he is the greatest fighter of this generation with basically 3 fights against Wilder with all the faults you have pointed out? He can retire and just keep writing his own narrative about his greatness without the resume to back it up but given the uncritical acceptance of his own BS why would he bother?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well it's clear you are both too thick to see through that BS he and his team have made up, any impartial look at his record shows he has no right to be considered the best until he beats the winner of Usyk/Joshua at least. But feel free to keeping sucking him off, you both clearly enjoy it.
There isn't a reputable judge in boxing who rates AJ above Fury and you know that as well as I do.

Now run along and play before you make an even bigger fool of yourself.

·
1,590 Posts
There isn't a reputable judge in boxing who rates AJ above Fury and you know that as well as I do.

Now run along and play before you make an even bigger fool of yourself.
Well that argument is fatuous, just because a group of sheep all hold the same wrong opinion doesn't make them right. Anyway my argument was more about Fury's paper thin record than AJ's although if he were to win on the 20th his is way superior.

You run along and shove Fury's cock back down your throat where you like it....

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well that argument is fatuous, just because a group of sheep all hold the same wrong opinion doesn't make them right. Anyway my argument was more about Fury's paper thin record than AJ's although if he were to win on the 20th his is way superior.

You run along and shove Fury's cock back down your throat where you like it....
Just wow! Listen to yourself. Some people take forums way, way too seriously. :ROFLMAO:

·
The Anti-Bully
13,579 Posts
He is genuinely unpredictable, often times he says things that we all just assume are mind games and a bit of trolling but he's 100% serious. Most times I find Fury to be telling the truth though.

I was rewatching his face off interviews with Wlad recently, the ones where he's sat there telling them to their face that he doesn't care if he wins or loses, the belts mean nothing to him, he might just retire and punish Wlad that way and that he's mentally unstable with suicidal thoughts.

Everyone just ignored it, assumed he was playing mind games with Wlad but he was 100% genuine.

I give it 50/50 whether he does come back. Who knows where his mind is at... maybe he's just making sure that they know he deserves the lions share if they want him in the big PPV Joshua fight or maybe he genuinely doesn't feel motivated to fight a guy with a less than stellar CV and two loses (potentially three soon) on his record.

Who is there after that, Usyk or fighting young guns till eventually someone beats him?

I'd love to see the Usyk fight but maybe he isn't motivated for that.

Reactions: Philly Shell
1 - 20 of 26 Posts