Boxing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eddie Hearn says he would like to match Dereck Chisora and Chris Arreola next year.

This fight wouldn't sell, isn't a path anywhere for either and both have had more than enough already and should be retiring.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Seems Hearn sees a dollar in it for himself though.

Why else would he be seeking to match the by then 41 year old Arreola, who has won 2 of his past 7 fights, with the about to turn 38 year old Chisora, who has lost his past 3 and most have been saying since Parker beat him, has taken enough punishment and should quit.

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,606 Posts
Well sounds like Chisora don't wanna retire and if DAZN will stump the cash for it then I can see it happening. It's not like Chisora has had a real career trajectory for years and Arreola likewise. Shouldn't be a Headline but could be an entertaining #2 fight.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
@Ar558a

Still coming to my threads and quoting me even though you claim to have me on ignore. When will you get it through your thick head the jig is up? If you actually had me on ignore you wouldn't be able to see my threads. Let alone post in them. :ROFLMAO:

·
1,606 Posts
@Ar558a

Still coming to my threads and quoting me even though you claim to have me on ignore. When will you get it through your thick head the jig is up? If you actually had me on ignore you wouldn't be able to see my threads. Let alone post in them. :ROFLMAO:
I feel that blood pressure rising, hopefully big heart attack here we come.

·
The Anti-Bully
13,583 Posts
It’s probably more to do with Chisora just stubbornly fighting on and Eddie doesnt really have any options for him so will match him up with equally “done” fighters.

·
1,606 Posts
I kind of want to see Chisora go through the non elite HW's Arreola/Breazeale/Ortiz/Martin theres a high chance he KO's all of them
Yeh I agree, Delboy has a lot more heart than any of those guys and given the punishment he took in the Parker rematch he could easily make it through most of these. Ortiz is the one who could cause problems if he was 100% fit but I think Chisora beats the other three.

·
Registered
14,327 Posts
This is actually a great fight. If Arreola comes in shape, I might be inclined to favor him. He almost had Andy Ruiz finished. This fight doesn't have such a high prices tag, either, so the undercard would probably be loaded with good fights.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts